Thursday, May 27, 2010

LIttle Bluebirds of Happiness



This little quilt makes me happy every time I look at it. It was a real joy to stitch up and took no time at all. It is a pattern by Sandy Gervais called Soul Mates and it is made from a Charm Pack from her Frolic line of fabric. The pattern has full color pictures of the fabrics and exactly where she used each piece. But of course I never actually read the directions until I've worked myself into a corner, so mine don't match her choices exactly but that is ok. I love how fat and sassy these little guys look. Too bad fat and sassy isn't considered a good look for a middle age woman - LOL




I got this pattern and the charm pack one morning at Fabric Shack in Waynesville, started sewing after lunch and had the whole thing finished up right after dinner - practically instant gratification - I love that. I was pleased with myself for the quilting I did on this. If you click on the picture I think you can see that I did a viney kinda thing with leaves and then I sewed buttons on by the leaves to be little berries. awwww....too cute..

I need to do more of these little projects. Usually I end up making BIG quilts - they just get away from me - so doing something small and quick is very satisfying. I'll have to show you some of the Schnibbles I've been doing with friends. I've got several tops sewn but not quilted - need to get around to finishing them.

Happy stitching,

carol fun

4 comments:

  1. I like your chickens, such a cute wallhanging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Your birds are so cute. I need to pick that one up. Love your polka dotted chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE is that!!! I love it! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to blog land. I'm going to put you on my links list so I can keep track of you!!!

    Although I'm in California now, I grew up in the mid-west. Must be something in the water to make us adhd, but it works for me. As soon as my camera battery is charged, I'll take a picture of my chicken quilt. If you like it, I'll send you the pattern.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com