Tuesday, July 13, 2010
July/August goals for Charming Chatter
I've been following the Charming Chatter blog for a while and in celebration of their 1st year anniversary the girls are inviting others to join them - and I'm doing it! Now I've been running around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off (appropriate dontcha think?) and I believe that compiling a short list of things I want to accomplish might be the kick in the rear I need to get them done. You know the public shame thing and all -- LOL! So here is my list of goals I'd like to achieve before the end of August.(Oh I really like that is it a 2 month time span since this will let me attempt to cram everything into the last couple of days -hey, I know me!)
1. Make pillowcase for my son
2. Finishing quilting and binding of quilt for same son
3. Organize my knitting patterns - socks, shawls, scarves, etc.
4. Organize (and somehow compress) all of my yarn
5. Start on Christmas gifts for friends (I actually have an idea for this one but
it has to stay a secret since they read my blog -thanks guys!)
6. Finish quilt top for Crazy Mama Sews QAL
7. Finish BBD Mystery Sampler (this is doable if I don't start any new cross stitch projects - wish me luck since I always want to start a new project)
8. Sort and reorganize one bookcase of fabric (this could take some major time)
9. Start walking again - 3 times a week - and find my pedometer.
10. START A NEW QUILT TOP. -- this is a slamdunk!
(Ignore space between 8 and 9 I can't figure out how to get rid of it)
I think this is a good number to start with. I will be very happy to accomplish these goals and I have more I could do, but we won't talk about the 3 bags of SNW blocks I found the other day. How could I forget 3 whole bags of blocks, we're talking enough blocks to make a queen size quilt (since you know I'm gentically program only to do BIG ones). I think it is time to consider going back and finishing up a UFO or two now and then. Or there is the other alternative -- give them away! Last night at the quilt guild meeting they announced a program where you could exchange your UFO for someone else's. However, my group of friends is of the mindset "could we just drop off our UFO's and run?" Not a bad idea - LOL!