Monday, August 9, 2010

Oh what a night......

and a day too! (Cue Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons) Well I meant to post yesterday but Blogger and I were butting heads so I gave up. Try try again.

On Friday, I went to Louisville to see Jersey Boys with Stephie. This is the second time I've seen this play and it is my FAVORITE! Love the music and the story. I've already found out that it will be coming to Columbus next summer and I'm going to see it again. I've been humming "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" over and over and over and over.

But before we went to the show we went shopping. There are a several nice quilt shops in Louisville and Stephie and I felt it was our patriotic duty to stimulate the economy. Here are some of my goodies.


This is an older line, Spring Magic by April Cornell. I got these two Layer Cakes for 25% off and the coordinating fabric for background and borders were also marked down. Pretty pinks, yellow and light springy green. I'm seeing this sewn up as a large Schnibble - maybe Imagine or Plan C. I think either pattern would work up beautifully. And then there are these fat quarters -



These are out of 2 different Christmas lines: Sherry Berry's The Twelve Joys of Christmas and Kate Spain's The Twelve Days of Christmas. And since both lines have "twelve" in the title I thought it was some sort of cosmic sign so I bought a dozen fat quarters. The "Joys" line has a very 50's retro feel and the "Days" line has a clean crisp feel but they play nicely together. I'm thinking these will end up being a Christmas quilt using the Yellow Brick Road pattern or maybe the cover quilt from "Happy Hour" by Terry Atkinson. Something quick and fun.



At the second shop I found this great chicken fabric- polka dot chicken fabric! I got the panel and the coordinating pieces in two colorways. I have no idea what I'm going to so with these fabrics but I could not NOT buy them. And then there were the check out impulse purchases....


Not one but TWO pairs of scissors! The stork scissors have a pretty floral pattern and the other pair also has a pretty floral pattern too. I buy what I like and I LIKE flowers! Now in the center of this picture is the most adorable little polka dot chicken pin! (Sorry it is hard to see, its very shiny.) Somehow I totally missed this little gem but Stephie saw it and bought it for me. THANKS Stephie -- you're the best!

And here is my belated offering for Sampler Sunday...



I think this was a Drawn Thread piece and as I was taking pictures of it I realized that this is another sampler with a little house and ginormous flowers growing out of the roof. I hadn't realized this before but I have several examples of this phenomena. Maybe this is a metaphor for something......Miracle Gro gone terribly wrong???

UPDATE - I was mistaken. This is Birds of a Feather sampler called "Bloom Where You Are Planted"

Well I hope you are having a great week. Stay cool if you can. Here in Ohio it is going to be hazy HOT and humid!

Happy stitching,
carol fun

12 comments:

  1. Great haul! Love your sampler too! I have one similar to it that's in my "to do someday" pile. I'm certain that it's not a Drawn Thread design as Cynthia doesn't do whimsical samplers, but it's really cute, whoseever design it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stash enhancement!! Love the scissors!!! Where do you live in Ohio? I grew up in Greenfield. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those floral stork scissors. Sounds like you had a great day of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great stash enhancing experience! I really like the sampler piece, that little house with those huge flowers is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabric! Love the scissors! Looks like it was a fun day shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goodies!! And your BBD is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goodies you got! LOVE the scissors! I'm a scissors fanatic but I can't seem to find any good ones like you got! That might actually be a good thing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful selection of fabrics Carol and gorgeous scissors.
    Your sampler is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Happy Hour and Yellow Brick Road. Fun and Easy. Either would look great with your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Drool* Gorgeous goodies! :D BoaF has some nice stuff, and I Love-love-love their linens! I need to hustle around a buy a few of their patterns while I can still! Thanks for sharing your stash run. :D

    (And thanks also for the WONDERFUL email you sent with so much info!! I'm still I've been a bit under the weather and have built up a backlog of email responses!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your purchases. I have those scissors on my website. They are a hot item an so darn cute.
    My son saw that show Jersey Boys too and loved it. He said it's a must see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com