Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Sampler for Sunday.....

Okay, I'm trying to get back into some semblance of a routine. My youngest son is back in class and my husband is back to work (someone has waaaaaayyyy too much vacation time, if you know what I mean, and you do). I like having the house to myself for a bit of time each day. So nice and peaceful. Well my productivity of the beginning of the week has tapered off. There was no way I could keep up that breakneck pace - LOL! It a good thing that I still have lots of samplers that are already stitched so I have blog material. Here is my sampler for Sunday.....



I know this is a Ewe & Eye piece but I don't have a clue what the name of it is. It is a small sampler, the actual stitching is only 4" square. I love the incongruity of the GIANT woman next to the house. She's one BIG gal - I can identify with that!



Here is a close up - hmmmm... I wonder why I didn't make her hair more red (my ahem "natural" color - not!) And I love those spiderweb roses - they use a ton of thread but I love the dimension they add to a piece.

I spend some quality time this weekend stitching on my BBD AotH. And I spent some time thumbing through my cross stitch stash. There are certainly lots of cool graphs to chose from right in my own "personal" cross stitch store. I'm still very fond of the BBD pieces and there are 4 older ones from the "Remember Me" series that I visualize hanging together - When this you see, My Missouri Home, I Thee Wed, Mildred's Garden House. I think I need to kit up one of these and keep it close by when the mood hits me.

I also took some time and looked at another basket that is filled with giant ziploc bags each containing a UFO. I know I've told you how much I love Stack-N-White, well I found not one, not two, not three, not four but FIVE S-N-W UFOs. OMG - I should hang my head in shame but I'm not guilted that easily. One of the bags talked pretty loudly to me. (Oh come on, you know the fabric can talk. I swear some fabrics would be telemarketers if they could.) Again, it appears that all the blocks are made, they are hexagons. It just needs to be assembled. I think I want to play with this one later in the week. Somehow it doesn't seem wrong to cheat on the current project (Crazy Mom QAL) which was a UFO with another UFO. Yeah, I have serious logic issues here but I'm not even gonna try to figure it out. Onward and stitchward - more projects = more fun. And I'm all about the fun - LOL!

Happy stitching -
carol fun

1 comment:

  1. I just love your finish! Especially all the different used in this one. I've never seen it before, but it certainly is a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com