Sunday, February 6, 2011

A sampler for Sunday and socks too!

I can't believe I'm actually making this post so early on a Sunday - hey this is early for me - LOL! Again this week I'm not certain of the name of this sampler but I'm pretty sure it was a Ewe & Eye & Friends piece.



I am sure that I love this quote. It is by Oliver Wendell Holmes, a Supreme Court justice, an interesting fun fact supplied by my son, the lawyer. I stitched on a lovely rose colored linen.



I'm particularly fond of this little dog. Isn't he cute? And here are the socks I finished on Wednesday.



These are knitted with Opal sock yarn, from the Hundertwasser collection. This one is called Use Public Transportation - Save the City. The Hundertwasser is a line of sock yarn is inspired by the works of Friedensreich Hundertwasser, an Austrian painter and sculptor who embraced bold colors and I do love the colors.




I love how Opal makes yarn that knits up looking like you did a lot of stranded color work but all you did was knit knit knit. And I like how you get stripes of different widths too. I think Opal is my favorite sock yarn for plain stockinette socks. I knit the first sock and then I take the remaining yarn and wind it into a ball so the stripes are in the opposite rotation from the first sock so they are similar but different and they don't match - I love that!

Well off to lunch - hope you have a great week with lots of stitching time. Oh and enjoy the Super Bowl - I love the commercials and the music acts.

carol fun

4 comments:

  1. The sampler is beautiful! & I love the colours in the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks! There is nothing more cheerful than hand knit socks. Your sampler is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lovely sampler and those oh so "wild" and warm socks--way to go!!!
    Hugs. Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Show and tell this week! I love the yarn name and the little dog is great, as you say. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com