Monday, July 25, 2011

A design wall for Monday or what I found when I was cleaning!

Last week I spent some time cleaning up, sorting out and organizing my yarn and fabric and to my surprise I found stuff I'd forgotten I had.Obviously this means that having a poor memory is a good thing because this quilt top was new all over again!



This is a Thimble Blossoms pattern called "A Piece of Cake" by Camille Roskelley and the fabric is by the same designer. It is an older collection called Simple Abundance.



All of the blocks were already sewn to each other. All I needed to do was add the borders and the fabric was for them was in the same ziploc bag. Why hadn't I finished this quilt top? I got no clue, but today I did finish it and I even sewed together fabric for the back.



See that pretty paisley? I had plenty of it to make the back. Now it is all ready to be sent off to my long arm quilter at next Monday's guild meeting. Oh I feel so happy that I'm ready ahead of time. That almost never happens. My normal situation is to be sewing on the borders and slapping the back together just 20 minutes before I have to leave for the meeting.

Well it has been a very productive Monday. I hope this trend continues since I have several projects calling my name. I do wish they'd be better behaved and not yell at me -LOL!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

2 comments:

  1. What a happy find :-) Its a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely! Probably some other shouty-type quilt was bossing you around when you had to put this one aside...glad you got it ready in record time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com