Okay, back on Friday I bemoaned my lack of math skills and cheered myself up with new fabric (and a candy bar) from Joanns. I fretted over it for a while and then I knuckled down on Saturday evening and cut out the additional squares and triangles I needed.
This is my Dazzling Debbies - taken from Dec/Jan 2012 issue of Quilt magazine. I'm enjoying using lots and lots of different fabrics from my Debbie Mumm stash.
Along with the tone on tone fabrics there are lots of novelties which I find impossible to resist.
So I thought that I had my math issues under control but yesterday I realized -again - the error of my ways! I still can't keep track of how many squares I need. I'm making the large half square triangle blocks that comprise the border and I am still 40 triangles short -- (insert banging head on design wall). I really should have paid closer attention in kindergarten.
Now I'm off to participate in the Monday driving rodeo - today I have a quilt guild meeting to throw into the event so it is going to be a busy busy day!