Thursday, November 10, 2011

Getting sidetracked

I have plenty of quilting type sewing I could do - start assembling the blocks for my Dazzling Debbies quilt, put the binding on my Flurry quilt that is back from my long arm quilter, finish up any number of quilts I have started which are presently residing in hermetically sealed ziploc bags - but nooooooo, instead I am going to make me some pajamas!!

Now this tangent started when I saw some wonderful polka dot flannel on Stephanie's blog, Loft Creations, yesterday. She got it at Joanns and it was on sale for $2.99/yd. How could I resist??

So I went to my Joanns today and while the selection wasn't as good as at Stephanie's Joanns I did find this....



aqua flannel with red polka dots! Sweet! And I picked up a little solid red which I thought I could use for piping depending on whether it runs or not, or I could use some red rickrack. At the moment,this flannel has gone through the washer and the dryer once, but I think I'll repeat the cycle so it gets all its shrinking done now, since I doubt my body will do any shrinking after I make them.

I'm still in the hunt for another piece of polka dot flannel. I figure it would be just as easy to make 2 pairs of pajamas as one pair, so I will need to make a trip to another Joanns tomorrow. I'm sure I could couple this trip with a lunch and it will make for a lovely day.

Glad tomorrow is Friday - both of my boys have the day off -- 3 day weekend -yippee!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

3 comments:

  1. I have always thought of making myself a pair of pajamas but never took the plunge. I'll be watching your progress - what type of pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that aqua/red dot and nearly bought a bolt of it too! :o) You are going to have the cutest pj pants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com