Monday, January 16, 2012

A bit of progress on my design wall for Monday

Saturday gave me several hours of free time to play with my Swoon blocks and I was able to finish up the one I started last Monday, complete a additional block and cut out the fabrics for 3 of the remaining 4 blocks. That was a pretty successful day in my book, but the I do have rather low standards - LOL! Here's how it looks so far...



Can you see the hot/cold arrangement of fabrics so far? Some have blue/purple centers and others have the gold/orange centers. I think I want to continue this pattern so I'm waiting till I get 8 of the 9 blocks done to determine which way that last one will go.

So this is the first one that languished from last Monday...



with a close up of the fabrics.




And this is the block I did on Saturday...



with its close up.



In looking at the selvedges not all of these are Kaffe Fasset fabrics - some are other designers from Westminster Fabrics but they have the same feeling as Kaffe's. The photos don't capture how vibrant these fabrics are (perhaps better lighting and more proficient photographer would help - LOL).

There are several projects I want to play with at the moment. I want to do the Full House Schnibble for "another year of Schnibbles". And I have a snowman wallhanging I want to put with my seasonal snowman display and I purchased the latest pattern from Stephanie at Loft Creations, String Beans. I want to play with it too! I have an abundance of patterns from which to choose, and making a decision is hard. Oh woe is me -- LOL!

Have a great week

8 comments:

  1. I love your colors. Those fabrics are so rich and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your colorful quilt blocks. They are all so fun to look at.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swoon blocks look great. Love the fabrics! Hope you get lots of time to quilt - there's always too much fun to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vivid colors, fabulous fabrics = awesome blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the block pattern and the vivid colors. I'm drawn to the blue/purple so I must prefer the cold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing! I love yellow as the background. So many projects.... if there were just more hours in the day.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please disregard my previous e-mail to you about not being able to see your blog on my Google Reader. It must have been a glitch that went on for a week or so as I can now comment LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com