Sunday, January 29, 2012

A happy sampler for Sunday

Well I didn't mean to disappear last week. Nothing momentous happened to keep me from blogging but the general malaise of a blah week. I swear the sun did not shine at all for 6 days straight. Gray, shades of gray, foggy, rainy - yuck! Okay, it wasn't ice and snow and for that I am grateful but I need sunny days to give me energy. There were several days when I thought Cincinnati had been relocated to Seattle without my knowledge, which would not be a good thing. I can deal with cold but I don't do well with gray - just saying.

So Saturday was a wonderful day - the sun was shining all day! And Joann's called and my latest sampler was framed- ta dah! Presenting the Lizze*Kate Winter Alphabet! I love this piece because it just seems so happy!



The linen is a lovely icy blue green color and I used DMC floss. I'm very pleased with this frame. It is a creamy white - it matches the DMC 712 used for the snow! And I I love the shabby chic look of the bumps with the finish worn off. I've been eyeing this frame for a while hoping that sooner or later I'd have a piece that it would look good on and this was it.



My chart came with embellishment pack so there is a cute little heart charm hanging on the front door.



And two tiny little red buttons for holly berries! I really enjoyed stitching this sampler and I've ordered the Spring one. I felt like it was a quick stitch since every frame and every letter made me feel like I had accomplished something.

My plans are to be much more diligent in posting this week. I have pictures in my camera and a bunch of stuff to show. I did get some sewing done and when you see the colors I was using you will know how gray weather affects me -- I don't do well with gray.

Hope your week is sunny and productive!
Happy stitching-
carol fun

12 comments:

  1. Great work and the perfect frame too - no wonder you are all set to stitch the L*K Spring sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I so know what you are saying about the grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Lizzie Kate piece and the frame is perfect. The piece does make you smile. I hope you get lots of sunny days this coming week. The winter dreary grey gets to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and fun and I love every little detail. I hope you're getting some sunshine this weekend. Looks like Spring here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzie Kate has so many cute designs and they do go quickly. Your finished sampler is adorable...frame and all. I totally agree about grey weather...it makes for a green world but a blue me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute sampler! I agree...the Ohio weather has been so dreary! It was sunny for a bit this morning, but it's gone cloudy again now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this one is happy too Carol!
    Your finish looks wonderful.
    I hope the upcoming week is cheerier :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do well with grey either. That frame is perfect for your winter happy alphabet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that frame to and am so glad that you were able to finally find just the right piece to put into it--and that sampler is soooo cute!!
    You did a lovely job on it too.
    I have gotten myself into doing counted cross stitch too--have nearly 4 small pieces finished and hope to get them finished off on Tuesday, cause in the mean time I am redoing the fabric shelves in my sewing room--messy job!!
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The frame works so well with this one! Love the colours in this one. So bright and cheery for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute! i'm working on summer now and really need to finish it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com