Some sewing was accomplished last week but no project was totally finished. Blocks were put on the wall and blocks were taken down and others replaced them.
First up, 20 of those adorable mini granny square blocks...
I would have made more but I ran out of Kona Snow for the background. I got some at Fabric Shack but I miscalculated how much I need so more will have to be purchased. The tutorial for these can be found here on Trish's blog.
So I switched gears and played with those yummy new Kaffe Fassett/Westminster Fabrics. Nine 36 patch blocks were assembled. I need 36 blocks total for the quilt I have planned.
I did these with 2 1/2 inch strips so the blocks will finish 12". These are two of my favorites so far. Polka dots and a dotty yellow...
Polka dots and a limey green.
I have a plan for how to set these but I need background fabric. I think I'll wait till I have them all made and then return to Fabric Shack to make my final selection.
And then guilt made me work on the little Dresdens to finish up my Sugar Dish quilt.
Five blocks completely machine blanket stitched down and five to go. I need to have the Sugar Dish top done by next Monday since that is Ohio Valley Quilters Guild meeting night. It shouldn't be a problem.
So 20 of these, 9 of those and 5 of them.... a substantial amount of production for someone who kept wandering from one project to another. Focus has never been my strong suit - LOL!
It suppose to get hot hot hot this week, which will be perfect weather for me to hunker down in the basement and sew. Its nice and cool down here and the AC is doing its best to keep it that way.
Hope you are keeping cool and getting something accomplished! Happy stitching!