Friday, July 13, 2012

On the needles

Friday's not over yet and I have an entry for "On the Needles" at Judy's blog - Patchwork Times.

First up, another pair of colorful socks made with DROPS Fabel. Now I am normally not a purple person but this skein just makes my mouth water. I love all the different shades of purple.


And second, a pair of black socks. BIG black socks. And normally I wouldn't be knitting plain black socks but these are for my oldest son. He's a BIG guy, with BIG feet and he he has the hardest time finding comfortable fitting socks. I finally convinced him let me try and make him a pair. I think he's going to like them and there will be many more black socks in my future. But its okay because it is a labor of love and there isn't much a 20 something guy will let you make for him - besides food - lots of Italian food - LOL!


And I will leave you with this little fact - all of Mr. Rogers cardigans were hand knit by his mother! I don't think that going to happen with my son so I'll settle for socks.


Happy stitching-
carol fun

5 comments:

  1. I loved that little factoid about r. Rogers! I am also IN LOVE with your socks. Socks are something that I want to LEARN to knit but haven't accomplished it yet. Maybe after the KAL Mystery Shawl and the three projects at CAMP LOOPY EWE I will be accomplished enough for socks!

    Love the name of your blog too!!!!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the greatest socks! Making black socks for your son is a fabulous idea.

    Loved the factoid about Mr Rogers' sweaters. Thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy your Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that purple yarn is amazing. I'm going to learn to knit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Socks are so awesome-Mr. Rodgers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boys are all gonna have big feet, so if you get real good at these, I'll add them to my list when I come with my big suitcase. Hehehe....
    Very cool fact about Mr. Rogers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com