Sunday, November 25, 2012

Slow stitching on Sunday

Well Thursday seemed like a Saturday, and then Friday seemed like Sunday, but then Saturday came around again. Sheesh....I'm glad my cell phone tells me what day of the week it actually is. Anyway after the big meal on Thursday I planted myself in my cushy chair and stitched the day away, and this is what I have to show for it.



I "built" a house and started digging a pond -- not bad for no heavy lifting. This is a new sampler by Barbara Ana Designs called "Remember Me". I'm stitching it on a lovely 32 ct. peachy brown piece of R & R Breakfast Blend linen and I'm using Valdani 6 ply floss.

Here's a picture of the completed chart.


I love the quirkiness of this piece - the giant lady, the big flowers and adorable collection of animals. But what really sent me over the moon was the chickens...did you see them in the bottom right and left corners? Cute cute cute!!

Now there are a bunch of other all ready started projects I could be working on but this is the one that is talking to me and I am listening - LOL!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great week ahead.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh - that is a wonderfully quirky piece you are working on Carol. I too am taken with the fact that the proportions are all out of wack! It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to listen to that stitching sometimes, don't you? LOL I love most anything by Barbra Ana and this one is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the days of the week confusion!!

    LoOking good on your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable design! Are we to see polka dots on those chickens in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design and you've made great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new project. I love Barbara Ana. This one is really different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heart knows what the heart wants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful new start, great design and fun colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start! She has some really great fun designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool quirky design! Love the chickens! ENjoy!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL - well you had a productive Sunday! Bet you fenced the back 40 too! I'm pretty sure I would be grinning the entire time I was working on this! Love the whimsical nature of it and who would have guessed that it was the chickens that sealed the deal! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com