Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slow stitching on Sunday

So here is something you haven't seen for a while on this blog.... cross stitching! Yes, I have actually picked up my needle and completed a little sampler. This is True Love Sampler by Stacy Nash.




As you can tell from the photo of the chart below I totally changed the colors on this one.


It all started when I chose that evenweave. It is 32 ct. and I hand-dyed it myself a while ago. I love that mottled rosy hue. As for the flosses they are all Anchor ones that were in my stash. Years ago I was quite fond of Anchor flosses. I used them a lot on Ewe & Eye & Friend pieces. I'm going to take this one to the framer this week.

And I released my Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor from its ziploc bag. Oh it was fun to stitch on this for a change.


I am about 1/3 of the way finished on this. This little cartouche has space to add the year the sampler is complete. I'm not going to tempt fate by putting in 2013, but I's sure like to.




And did you see this latest release from Rosewood Manor?

winter quaker rosewood manor

I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

So I'm hoping to get a bit more stitched done today and some sewing too. The quilt guild meeting is tomorrow night and I want to get the binding on my latest quilt for Show & Tell.

Hope you have a great week...happy stitching!
carol fun



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! I can hear your Quaker Diamonds singing all the way over here...they are so happy about the release...LOL!!! Too funny!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo~hoo!! Great projects ~ that new chart looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am totally impressed.
    I started a cross stitch over a year ago but haven't got it out of the closet for a long time. You make me want to get it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! The Quaker Diamonds is fantastic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little sampler! And I love your Quaker diamonds! Good thing I don't do cross stitch anymore! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stitching CArol. I really like that rosy linen. I saw that Rosewood Manor piece too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes my old eyes hurt, just thinking about all that cross-stitching. Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your take on the Stacy Nash piecem and oh aren't the Quakers ever so lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tempting stuff here! You're going to make the framers very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your samplers are wonderful. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your projects and I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one who is forever changing the colors recommended on the chart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the cross stich pieces.... especially the Quaker Diamonds. You are sure busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects. Love your samplers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com