Sunday, June 2, 2013

Slow stitching on Sunday

Look! Look! Something crafty! LOL!  Along with all comparative household shopping I've been doing I've had a little time to stitch - mostly while "watching" my beloved Cincinnati Reds play baseball. I love baseball and I love it when they are winning. I've been following the Reds since I was a wee tot. My sainted Grandma use to listen to Waite Hoyt broadcast the games on WLW radio. I have fond memories of sitting outside in one of those now "retro" metal chairs that kinda bounce and talking and listening to the baseball game with her.  Life was slower.... such a nice memory.

So this is my latest cross stitch project. I know I said I was going to focus on my BBD Anniversaries of the Heart but this piece was irresistible.








It is Song of Spring by BBD (you know I LOVE them).  I saw this piece on Chris' blog Tot Hill Farm Stitches.  This is the second installment from the Ladies Prim Society hosted by the shop Dyeing to Stitch in Virginia.  I love everything about this piece - the border, the tulips, the house, the giant basket.  Of course no matter how much I love a piece I still find something I want to tweak. I've changed the color of the house to be more yellow. I used Crescent Colors Queen Bee. And I'm going to replace the giant rabbit with a couple of chickens... perhaps with polka dots. Stay tuned!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the idea of using chickens. Hope it works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet project perfect to stitch while listening to baseball. It's my favorite thing to do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty sampler! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carol!
    I am so glad to see your progress on this. I think that I may copy your yellow house. I just don't think the caramel corn floss will show up well on the fabric.
    I can't wait to see the chickens or rooster!
    I hope the progress on your new home is going well.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Carol...enjoy your stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is darling! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com