Sunday, July 28, 2013

Had to put in replacement windows on Slow Stitching Sunday

This Sunday offered several hours of slow stitching and I made the most of it. This is the 11th house in the Blackbird Design series Anniversaries of the Heart. This chart is titled Evergreen Lane. Now we all know how hand dyed flosses vary from skein to skein but my skeins of Gentle Arts Portabella and Toasted Barley and Cidermill Brown bear no resemblance to the cover photo of this piece. Their house is a gray stone-y house. My house turned into a mottled brown house which required me rip out the trim I had stitched and replace the windows with a much darker color. I picked the same brown as the front door.


All I have left on this chart is to fill in some grass and the centers of those pomegranate-y looking flowers. I'm still thinking of what Thanksgiving saying I can put in the big box.

Here is a shot of the entire piece as it stands.



I really do LOVE this series and I'm so glad I've stuck with it. Finishing this before the end of 2013 is totally doable. Also spurring me on is the fact that I LOVE this year's Loose Feathers. You can see the first 6 charts here. The first graph should be in my mailbox tomorrow and I know I am going to want to put some stitches in it.  I need to figure out what linen I want to use and then get enough to stitch all 12 charts. I'm hoping there is some info in the first chart to give me an idea of how much linen will be needed to stitch the entire series.

Stop over at Kathy's Quilts and see what slow stitching others have done this Sunday.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

10 comments:

  1. Lovely progress!I can't wait to see your new start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The replacement windows were worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that BBD. I'm still debating whether or not to start it. I have so much going on. I have had the same issue with floss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching. You must have the patience of Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you lucky enough to have a local shop for cross stitch supplies? I have to rely on the internet and it slows me down when it comes to picking linens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't stitching like "real life" renovating?!? The house colour doesn't go well with the shutters, so they need replacing, and then something else, and so on until you've redone the whole house! LOL
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see AotH resurface! You're getting close to the finish line. Sorry to hear all the frustration with this block but it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty ~ this will be an amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! energy efficient windows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com