Monday, December 16, 2013

Skipping down the yellow brick road on Design Wall Monday

Well this is lots of fun... I am skipping and sewing my way down my yellow brick road of a quilt.


As I mentioned last week my starting point for this quilt is the Helix pattern by Crazy Old Ladies. You can see it here. And as I discussed last week I have made the sewing more complicated by piecing the strips with individual pieces of fabric - more complicated and time consuming but lots more fun!

So far along with polka dots, stripes and plaids, I've worked in a monkey and some cats and some eggs.


A bunch of bananas... for the monkey!


And as the Beatles sang, "all we need is love"...


And speaking of the Beatles, Paul has made an appearance. I know Elvis will be along in a little while.


So far most of the pieces I've used are small - less than 2" - and up to this point, I haven't repeated a fabric. I have quite a collection of strips and bits and pieces that I've tossed into a laundry basket and I'm going to see how long I can go without a duplicate piece.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. Carol I'll say it again.. you work with colors that make me feel happy inside. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What fun! I love all the brights, but I imagine cutting all the different fabrics make this project a bit slow. I do that, too. Time - if you don't have it in retirement, when?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your quilt! Amazing how similar our quilts are, and that we are both making it at the same time. Imagine the fun we'd have if we were neighbors! Scary; we wouldn't get much else done, but what fun that would be. I love your novelty fabrics in the mix. Great colors too. Thanks for the link.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' it!! Too bad they aren't flying monkeys to fit the Oz theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com