Monday, March 3, 2014

Squirrel!!!! on Design Wall Monday

Well this quilt was no where on my list of things I should do, but I couldn't resist the siren call of the Charm Pack Cherry pattern. You can see the free pattern here.

Now my version is larger because for some reason I had 3 charm packs of this older collection from Cosmo Cricket called Circa 1934.
This is the fabric...

and this is my quilt...

I used a Basic Grey Grunge fabric instead of another set of charm squares. I LOVE the Grunge collection and this one is a tomato-y red with splotches of olive and tan.


My youngest son has taken a shine to this quilt which is unusual for him, and I am happy to make it for his room. These are the colors in his attic studio. He likes it because the fabrics aren't girly. I was pleased to find that one of the charm squares included a message that I don't think he saw but I am so happy to include in this quilt. Do you see it?


The typewriter has a word balloon that says "I Love You" -- perfect!

Well we didn't get the foot of snow that they predicted but we did get enough for it to me a messy morning commute. I didn't have to go out but my oldest son had to get downtown for work. Ugh... we are all soooooo tired of winter. I hope this is the last gasp.

Happy stitching-

carol fun

9 comments:

  1. Yes, the message in the quilt is terrific. Those fabrics are great for a young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern is a great way to show off a collection of charm squares. And you're right, the tomato-soup background is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love subliminal messages! Glad your son is getting a quilt that he loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I love this color palette. You make me want to consider sewing...not going to do it... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful quilt in the works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomato Squirrel is a great side trip! Glad your son liked it already. I loved that 1934 line too

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful ! Glad you chased that squirrel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com