Friday, June 20, 2014

Focus is not my forte

Well this week certainly flew by, how can it already be Friday? Lots of paperwork and running errands and being available for service people and contractors has sucked up most of my crafty time. Oh well, the weekend is coming and I am ready!

Last night I was looking for a mindless project when I realized I had at least 3 partial finished socks sitting in the basket next to my chair. Obviously I am easily swayed by the next pretty ball of yarn and focus and finishing are not my forte - LOL!



Unfinished sock # 1 - Opal Rendezvous - old yarn - a replacement for one of the first pairs of socks I ever knit that have worn out.



Unfinished sock #2 - Regia Fluoromania -- love this - looks like a bunch of highlighters leaked all over it. Very happy with the serendipity that had the colors reverse order at the heel. Hope I can get this to happen on the mate for this one.


Unfinished sock #3 - Regia Kaffe Fasset - Carolina pattern - you can see it here.


My goal for next week is to finish one of these socks... not all of them, just one -- an attainable goal, I think... unless another pretty ball of yarn catches my eye. oooooooohhh pretty colors, where is that other set of needles? LOL

Happy knitting -
carol fun

11 comments:

  1. Work on #3! That is my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for #2. For some reason I can just see these worn with a pair of metallic silver Birks. Now that would be just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three but especially the middle one. It is such fun to have socks so bright that people have to look at your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yarn choices. I so want a pair of clear clogs so I can wear my socks and SEE them. I can just imagine your middle sock walking down the street in a clear shoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Gail's idea of clear shoes to show off the socks! All three are nice, but my vote is for #2 also. LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun, fun, but only 3? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be wonderful to have all those very cute and colorful socks finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those partial socks are great colors. You must have multiple circular needles for socks, huh?
    Your goal for finishing one sock is doable. Hope it's the center one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol. Bloglovin ended their leader into your blog with the word "sucks". I was worried for a moment. Glad to see your sense of humor is in tack. Love the socks....even half finished....but really, you got to the good part (turning the heal). You could always bind off and call them ankle warmers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your socks!! And your new quilts! So many great things to do in the world. I don't knit, but when I see cute socks like that I wish I did. Have fun, Carol -- you'll get them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can so relate!!
    Did you finish one?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com