Saturday, June 7, 2014

Front door decor!

Along with freshening the house up inside I ventured out on my front porch and changed the decor there too. My first project was a new wreath for the front door - something fun - and I found this idea on Pinterest. Clothes pins covered in washi tape - love it!


I've been collecting rolls of washi tape for a while, snapping them up when I find them marked down or on sale and I have about 20 different patterns. I placed a strip of the washi tape on each clothes pin and then the tedious part was trimming off the excess. I used 90 clothes pins for this wreath.  I clipped the pins to a wire wreath form. Some wreaths only do 2 rows but I like the fullness of 3 rows and with all the different patterns I reminds me of a scrap quilt.


To finish it off I used some of my other crafty toys and die cut some tiny little tags and tiny little letters to add the greeting "hello" - I strung them on some 2 tone bakers twine that I've had for years. I think it is a nice touch.




And I was looking on line for a new outdoor flag for my porch, something summery, when this popped up... POLKA DOT CHICKENS!!


At first I thought it was a Debbie Mumm design but the signature says Debbie Hron - their styles are quite similar.

So now I have a very welcoming front porch - I sat outside the other evening and truly enjoyed it! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. That wreath is just too cute!!! I am going to have to start collecting washi tape

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cheerful! I have seen washi tape but never bought any. Love the new flag, too funny with the polka dot chickens. I hope you're not disappointed that they are black and not yellow chickens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun!!!! I am going to have to try this...Lord knows I have enough washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front porch must look just wonderful and so welcoming! That wreath is amazing. I bet the trimming was tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome wreath Carol. Incredibly creative and a nice homage to your quilting. And chickens. I found a nice chicken door mat today that reminded me of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheerful wreath Carol! I think it's perfect for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! I love all the colors in your wreath! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to make me one to hang in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com