Monday, June 2, 2014

Stories I tell myself on Design Wall Monday

So I got 42 little kiss blocks sewn this week and I like the way they turned out. And yes I remember that last Monday I thought I needed 40, but I you know I have trouble with counting. It is an ongoing struggle - LOL!


Now that I have them on the wall I'm reconsidering making this a strippy quilt. In order to stretch the yardage I have of that big rose print that I LOVE, I would have to cut the strips to finish 4" wide and I think I'll end up with more of a chopped rose mulch than a rose garden. Not what I envisioned. I'm leaning toward plain sashing and a variety of fabrics for cornerstones, and then add a nice wide rose border.

It was fun to play with my bits of these Sweet and Swell collections - if they reprinted these I'd buy them again!

Love that red check...


and tulips on yellow with birds -- my favorite!



And, I told myself that I would have this top and my American Jane Alpha Bits & Pieces top done by this evening's guild meeting so I could pass them off to the long arm quilter. Yeah, go ahead and laugh. What was I thinking? That we now have 40 hour days? That the weekends are 5 days long? That little elves would slave away in my studio for cookies? Not gonna happen. In my normal fashion I got sidetracked by several other projects. I suppose telling myself I could finish two tops isn't as bad as when I tell myself "oh I'll remember to that" and then I totally forget whatever it was I wanted to remember. The spirit is willing by the mind is weak.

These tops will get done when they get done, and it doesn't look like this is their week. Lots of things I have to do and places I have to go.

Hope you have a great week!
Happy stitching!
carol fun

9 comments:

  1. Those are really cute blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My inner voice lies also, she really is a big dreamer, I just can't keep up with her deadlines and great expectations. We both love your fabric choices and design...that border fabric is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so good! Better late expectations than none at all, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt MATH gets you every time--I know it does me! They are darling blocks. Someday they'll be a darling quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and rose fabric you are working/ playing with...
    Did you think about making a center square of the rose fabric as a focal point and then building out from that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be one beautiful quilt... whenever it is finished. :) I, too, think I can accomplish more than I am able. More hours and days would be nice, as long as they are filled with fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors you chose. Cute blocks. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be a very pretty cheerful quilt! I love the big roses and agree, they will make a good wide border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com