Thursday, July 24, 2014

Finished ... but on the fence

I finished my Batik Paint Chips quilt and hung it in my living room. As you probably remember this one is based on the cover quilt of Karla Alexander's book Stack, Shuffle and Slide.


I have run through several phases in this construction of this quilt - I like it, I don't like it, I kinda like it, oooohhh I LIKE it and now I'm at the "I'm not sure what I think of it" phase. It is very different than most of my quilts. Not as bright in color, not traditional. I don't see myself as a modern quilter or an art quilter and I think I've made a modern art quilt - hmmmmm.

I quilted this one myself and about 2 hours in I wished I had given it to my long arm quilter. I completely positive that I don't like to machine quilt. I can do it, I just don't want to. I'd much rather piece. I quilted a wavy rectangular grid pattern using a variegated thread. If you click on the picture below you can see it a bit clearer.


And here is a view from the back side.


It could probably benefit from more quilting but I just don't have it in me at the moment.

This is my view of the quilt from my stitching chair.


It is growing on me. I'm spending more time on the "I like it" side of the fence than I was yesterday.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

9 comments:

  1. Modern quilts often have less quilting, so you're good. I like it too! I don't consider myself a modern quilter either but somehow have joined a modern quilt guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty good hanging on that wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I need to step back from a quilt for a couple of months and look at it all new again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be more than happy to relieve you of such a burden. Then I wouldn't have to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks good hanging up, the colors are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very good on that wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great - well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com