Saturday, November 15, 2014

Postcards from Kaffe, Brandon and Phillip

I took this pictures on Monday...when it was still warm and sunny and lovely...unlike today which is cold and cloudy with a chance of a snow flurry - ugh!  Monday was a good day and along with procrastinating about  sewing the binding on my Postcard quilt, I had been putting off planting all the Spring bulbs I bought. So Monday afternoon I planted 90 daffodil bulbs, 75 tulip bulbs and 11 allium bulbs. This activity was followed by a hot shower and a 2 Advil chaser and a quick run back outside to get these pictures... I think it was worth it.


When I first started this quilt I thought I could keep it small ... wall hanging size... but in the end it is a nice lap size...it just got away from me! It is 9 blocks wide and 15 blocks long. All the colorful prints are either Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mably or Phillip Jacobs and there are no duplicates. They put me in the mind of the bulbs I planted - lots of color!  The black and white text prints I've collected for a while and I love how they look in this quilt.


This was quilted with a panto by Terry Finnerty of The Walking Needle in a variegated thread.

Here's the back - an explosion of brightly colored little flowers...

and some close ups of the front of the quilt...




It was a fun quilt to make and after looking at Windham Fabrics version which you can see here, I might have to made this again in another palette.

Thanks to Debbie at A Quilter's Table for the fun pattern and the encouragement to get it done. Check out other Postcard quilts here on Flickr too!

happy stitching-
carol fun

6 comments:

  1. I like! I need to start collecting 'word' fabrics. They just add so much extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the quilt Carol. You will be well rewarded in the spring when you have an explosion of blooming bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and spring like--cheerful for your eye during those flurries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed with all your planting!!! Your yard will be beautiful come spring!!! The quilt is so pretty too. It will keep you warm on these very cold days and nights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt! Good job getting those bulbs planted too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your palette choice.
    Planting bulbs is hard work but it will be so worth it next spring. Hope to see a picture of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com