Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Gifts I gave...

Finally I can show off the projects I worked on all of December... and I was very happy with how these turned out.


These are made with the Divided Basket pattern from Noodlehead...you can find it and all her patterns here. These are really good sized baskets - almost a foot long!

Here's an overhead shot to show the linings and yes, there is a bag of candy in each basket. I believe you shouldn't give a wallet or a purse as a gift without a bit of money in it, and you shouldn't give a basket without candy... both sweeten the deal!


I tried to tailor my fabric choices to the recipient. This one is for Cathy and she likes jewel tone batiks!


This one is for Linda. I picked fabrics from the Sewing Box collection by Gina Martin. These are the colors in Linda's sewing room.


This one is for Laurey. Her house is filled to the brim with gorgeous antique furniture and I thought this fabric from Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket fit right in.


And last but not least is this one for Stephie. I found this new collection of Wizard of Oz fabrics at Fabric Shack. Stephie LOVES the musical Wicked, and the green fabric has the words "my beautiful wickedness" swirling around those hats.



I still want to make a couple more of these baskets. I have some great fabric picked out for my friend Vicki who spends the winters in Florida and I'd like to make one for me!

happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. Nice job! I'm sure all your friends were tickled pink with their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! Cute! I especially like the red one!! Lucky friends! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all...but especially the red one. Ha
    ve a thing for letters and numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little baskets! Going to have to check out this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com