Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Chickens...Chickens...Chickens...

Talk about waiting till the last minute... I started this project at 10am this morning...and as I took this picture it was still warm from the iron...


My entry for Minis and More. The pattern is from Sherri at A Quilting Life ... you can purchase the pattern here. The pattern is designed for the Moda Candy Packs, the little 2.5" squares but I made my from my stash of chicken fabrics. If you've read my blog before you know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE novelty prints. I made a minor adjustment by using one large square of polka dot chicken for the center versus sewing 4 squares together.

From my stash I found that background fabric in red and yellow with little feathers, along with fried eggs, cracked multi colored eggs, uncracked eggs, chicken tracks, confused chickens and bug eyed crazy chickens...


yeah that covers all my bases...LOL! I'm not sure how I'm going to finish this yet... maybe a mini for the wall, maybe a pillow.

And along with all the chickens in this mini I wanted to show my refreshed ironing board which features fried eggs and more chickens... the same chicken fabric I used for the center of the mini.



This is my homemade big board...a sheet of plywood covered with batting and finished off with fabric I stapled to it. I had a cover on it that looked like tape measures but it had gotten really nasty looking. This is so much better.



That little iron is a McCoy planter that I bought off of ebay. I have a little collection of McCoy pottery and I couldn't resist this. Usually I purchase the more pastel colors...blue, pink, green and of course lots of yellow but this one is perfect in black.

And I was gifted with this cute thread catcher from my dear friend Vicki.


She made this not knowing I used the same chicken fabric on my ironing board.



Great minds think alike!

So check out the parade of Minis on Michelle's blog... Island Life Quilts and Sherri's blog A Quilting Life. I'm sure there will be some wonderful little quilts to see!

happy stitching-
carol fun

4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest square!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chicken version! How fun!! Your fussy cutting makes this amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were so crazy about chickens. You've hidden that obsession well...NOT!!!

    What fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com