As it is a glorious Fall day I thought this quilt would be oh so appropriate to show...my Debbie Mumm Falling Leaves quilt. The leaf pattern was a Thimbleberries one fron eons ago.
A long long long time ago when you had to go to physical fabric stores to purchase one's stash I was BIG into Debbie Mumm fabrics (and I still like them ... A LOT). This quilt is a bit of a charm quilt in that every one of the 56 leaves is a different Debbie Mumm fabric.
I have a rather obscenely large stash of Debbie Mumm fabrics and I'm a bit melancholy that she doesn't produce fabric like she use to. All of the fabrics used in this quilt are Debbie Mumm...I'm a
I love the squirrels that run around the border...
Now I wish I hadn't use all that yardage for a back as you can hardly find any Debbie Mumm fabrics anymore (although she did do a small Christmas line this year). But back in the stone age I just assumed she design fabrics forever.
As since I dragged this quilt out to take pictures on my front lawn I thought I'd show some of the home improvements I've made this summer. Here's my little house on the corner of the block.
You see the little U loop of wire above the window box and to the left of the second story window.. that cost me $1000. Turns out someone somewhere in past disconnected the electricity to my house by cutting the line and then they just smooshed the ends back together and covered it with a wad of black electrical tape. I had 3 electricians give me an estimate on the job and all agreed it was very unsafe and they were surprised the local electric company hadn't seen it and cited me for it as it is a code violation.
And you can see that I've been busy with my flowers... ignore the fact that the bushes need to be trimmed...suppose to happen next week.
I've got mums in my flower box...which is also a home improvement this year as the old window box literally fell apart. I went out one morning and the side had given way. This one is solid PVC plastic instead of wood that would rot. Should last a millennium.
And I had new house numbers put on the eave, and my front porch floor painted, and a new light fixture put up and I had the ceiling of the porch painted blue... sky blue... that's what the color was called...I picked it for the shade of blue it was and didn't see the name till I got it mixed at the paint counter... it was meant to be!
I spent a chunk of change on the outside of the house this summer but it lots of projects were a one time deal so next summer shouldn't be quite so expensive.
Hope you are having a lovely day... the weather today is one I'd love to bottle and live with for a long long time.