Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tick tock?? No, Tiki Tok...

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...time marches on and I am late again this week. Maybe I should change my name to Alice...or was that the Mad Hatter that dithered about being late??? Anyway, I did get some sewing time in this week and played again with my blocks using the Tiki Tok collection from Jenn Ski...you can see it here.

As I was sewing the blocks into rows I liked it but I didn't LOVE it... it needed something...a border!! A bright chartreuse-y yellow in your face border! Now that is better!


This is my own pattern if you can call it that. I took a layer cake of Tiki Tok and cut it in half - 5" X 10" pieces. In opposite corners I added a 2.5" connector corner using my Prairie Sky Quilting Folded Corner Clipper which you can see here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little tool. You do all the cutting before you sew so after you've done the seam all you have to do is press the block and it is done.

Here is a close up of the fabrics... I love the 50's Mid Century Retro vibe of this collection and those birds are just too cute!


Well I'm too late to link up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday but the link for Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday is still open so I'll link up there. Hope you are having a good week!

happy stitching-
carol fun

1 comment:

  1. THis is a great quilt. That border really makes the quilt pop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com