Monday, April 3, 2017

Design Floor Monday...

Hello there... well yesterday was quite productive... and I'm still totally baffled as to why this is occurring, but I'm happy it is... I was able to get caught up with my blocks for the Three Dandelion Shop 100 QAL... you can check out all the stuff being posted for this on Instagram here.  I was about 4 weeks behind... 8 blocks... but I knocked them all out...yeah!!!

Here are the 26 that are finished... 25% of the way to Tula Pink"s City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks... I had to use the floor as my design wall is full of my tulip blocks... hope to get them off this week as my sashing fabric has arrived... so this is what I got...



If you want to see them individually you can check them out here on my Instagram feed.
It is nice to look at them all in one place... it lets me see that I'm using a lot of the aqua and blue...I know that I'm going to use my favorite butterscotch-y Grunge for my background and I think all of these colors will play nicely with it. Maybe today I'll get a few more done... it takes waaaay longer to pick out the fabrics than it does to cut and sew these little gems... decisions decisions decisions... And I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the next collection of Momo fabrics... it is called Lucky Day and you can see it here.  If you enlarge the picture you can see the prints better... lots of small scale ones which would work great in this quilt. I think they are going to be released in July.

And I was also able to catch up on my FQS Patchwork Quilt Along which you can see here. They are up to Block # 3 Box-in-a- Box... again this month I made 6 little 5" finished ones and one 10" finished one...



You can find the cutting dimensions for the 5" blocks here... and here are my dimensions for a 10" block.

Background:
A   2.5" x 6.5"  cut 2
B   2.5" x 2.5"  cut 2

Print:
C 2.5" x 10.5" cut 2
D 2.5" x 6.5"   cut 2
E 2.5" x 2.5"   cut 1

Now I had to do a little finagling to make my 10" block as all I have from these Elizabeth Hartman collections are layer cakes which are only 10" square. I picked a busy print and pieced the strips to get it to the right length... if you are looking for it you can tell where I pieced it but otherwise I think it blends nicely.

Scaling these blocks up is simple to do... just take the dimensions given... subtract a half inch, that is the seam allowance. Double the figure you are left with and then add back on the half inch seam allowance.

Not sure what I'll do with these blocks when I get them all done but I have lots of time to think about it...and I'm sure I'll need it ...LOL

Well the Open Day Parade for my beloved Cincinnati Reds, got off without rain...but the game doesn't start till 4pm and the weather guy there is an 80% chance of rain then... I hope he's wrong... but no matter what I'll be watching from my nice dry stitching chair.

I'll be linking up today with Patchwork Times and Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.

happy stitching-
carol fun


2 comments:

  1. I just popped over from Super Mom and I'm glad I did. I'm going to follow you through Inoreader because I suspect we have a lot in common (I, too, hate the time change!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your blocks, great colors as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com