Sunday, January 27, 2019

Weather guys tell stories on Slow Sunday Stitching....

Well I had every intention of doing a blog post last Sunday but the weather guys told me a story... that I believed... and it wasn't true. Let me explain... for at least 5 days  before the weekend they predicted a snow apocalypse for last Sunday... we had 2 family events scheduled to celebrate my older son's 34 birthday (disclaimer: I have no idea how he got to be 34 as I'm positive that I haven't aged that many years.... but then I believe a lot of things that don't turn out to be true... like the weather guy's story... back to it)... I believed the weather guys... they had two of them doing the forecast on Saturday night... a tag team which always means serious weather. It was snowing as I went to bed , so I was sure that all the events we had scheduled would be cancelled and I would be staying at home in my pajamas all day and then I could write a post.

But I woke up on Sunday morning and while there was snow on the ground, the streets were plowed and there wasn't any ice and I was out of the house all day... no pajama time at all!!  We did have a great day... dim sum for brunch and Cincinnati chili for dinner... both favorites of my son... but I was pooped by the end of it all ...

Now this Sunday is also busy... this evening there will be 7 people for dinner at my house to do some more celebrating. It is a joint party for my niece, my son and a remembrance of my brother as they all have January birthdays. I've made lasagna and a white chicken ziti dish that everyone likes... my niece is bringing a Dairy Queen ice cream cake and I know we'll all have a good time.

After starting last week discombobulated the rest of  the week continued to have me mixed up ... Monday was MLK day, and Monday holidays always have me confused as to what day it is for the rest of the week. There were lunch dates and a hair cut and a medical appointment and  dinner out and I just didn't get a lot of  crafty stuff done.

I did finish this pair of socks... I used two different yarns alternating each round...one yarn was a green Opal and the other is a self-striping On-Line yarn ....




And for  cross stitch  I've continued working on WTN&T All Bundled Up...


And the color on this is soooo off... argh... the background is a beautiful olive-y green and I've taken about a hundred pics of it this morning in various locations around the house and I can NOT get it to come out even when I play with filters on my phone. The background color is better (but not much)  in this pic from 2 weeks ago... I swear the camera in my old iphone was way better than the one in this phone.



Anyway, I have everything on the right hand side of done... the snowman's head is taking a while... I've already used an entire skein of Gentle Arts Pineapple Sherbet. I am getting good coverage and I'm glad I still have 2 more skeins in my stash. When he is done I'm moving on to Spring stuff. I love my snowmen but I already have a lot of them and I want to add more stitched pieces to my Spring decor. I spent a couple of hours going through all my charts and picking out things I'd like to stitch this year. I came across several pieces that got started last year and need to be finished, so I want to work on them too. Here's just some of the ones I picked out to work on...


and these...


and these...


This isn't all of the ones I'm liking at the moment... I pulled about 25 charts in all... and a lot of them are smaller pieces... that's my plan for 2019...we'll see how it works out.

And I can finally show these little  Lizzie Kate sleds...

I had them stitched since before Christmas but didn't gift them until  a week ago.. our little group waits till January to exchange Christmas gifts ... they came out cute.

This week has a similar forecast to the story the weather guys told me before but with the added touch of below zero temperatures. I'm again hoping for a pajama day... a day to stitch and knit and maybe go downstairs and sew. We'll see if it actually happens... in the mean time, the Dude is keeping an eye on the world for me... since it has been too cold to go out on the sunroom porch he's had to make do with perching on top of the chairs in the living room... not as comfortable as he would like...




Meanwhile, I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts and hope that between getting dinner n the table and straightening up the house I can find a little time to read some blogs and stitch a bit. Hope you have a good week ahead. I know lots of places are expecting bitter cold temperatures... stay safe and warm. I'm taking comfort in the fact the Opening Day for my beloved Cincinnati Reds is only 60 days away... and they got a new coach and a new pitcher... hope springs eternal that this could be a good year... and by that I mean a year with less than 100 losses... we shall see...

happy stitching -
carol fun

9 comments:

  1. Those sleighs are so cute. Were they a kit/pattern or did you design them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile! These weather men can cause chaos ☃️. That's a lot of potential projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we're in the middle of a big question mark here, too. And we have appointments in Nashville (125 miles) on Tuesday so we might go to son's house tomorrow night JIC. Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your snowman. You will have to settle for a stitched one rather than a real one. My son just turned 30 and I too wonder where the time went and how can I be old enough to have a son that age. I really like those sleds. They are cute. I am looking forward to seeing what project you decide to start working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the absence of your post last week. I'm glad you had a fun time and it sounds like you had some yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how our 'children' race towards the 30's...40's etc etc isn't it. Of course our ages dawdle. =) Gosh that is a lot of stitching you have planned for this year. I look forward to returning to your lovely place and see each pretty one. I think your snowman looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All projects are wonderful. A friend of mine just stitched your snowman on a blue WDW 20 count linen--thought you might like to see it in a larger scale. It's on the Salty Yarns blog! Just the mention of Cincinnati chili has my mouth watering but.....I'm making it for a group of ladies at a stitching event next weekend! ;) Stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so many cute projects. Those tiny sleds are precious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beginning reminds me of when I lived in Louisville. The dreaded snow was predicted so in preparation, school was cancelled for the day. And you guessed it, no snow at all! I love that snowman stitch. He is adorable. I have had color problems with my camera too, very frustrating. I hope the gathering went well. It sure sounded like fun. We have had such a mild winter that my DD is planning her raised beds. We helped her with that this week-end. Today was sunny in the 50's. A bit unusual for Seattle in January! Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com