Sunday, February 10, 2019

Hanging with my Gnomies on Slow Sunday Stitching ...

I knew that this week wouldn't be as productive as last week ... and I'm okay with that... but it didn't help that I've got a cold and felt like carp for a couple of days. My voice is back now, but I'm still stuffy and that nagging cough thing has resurfaced... it seems to hang on forever.  The nice 60 degree weather departed and the the cold has returned. It is February so I'm not surprised but I will be happy when the normal temperature is above 50 again... couple of weeks away still. The daffodils in my yard are up about an inch and half... can't wait for Spring!!

So as I sat in my stitching chair, hacking and sneezing I did do some cross stitching...it required very little motion on my part and that's all I was up to. Now what I worked on all week was no where on my radar till last Saturday... I had stumbled across a new to me designer Kyoko Marouka Gera... you can see some of her stuff on 123Stitch here and on Creative Poppy here. I purchased this chart from 123Stitch... Gnomes in Springfield...

And I fell in love with all the little gnomies and they seem to like me too...LOL I didn't want to stitch all the flowers just the gnomes  ... I pulled out one of the pieces of linen I dyed last week and started doing a gnome here and a gnome there and another gnome over there and in the end stitched 6 gnomies on the approximately 10" x 13" piece...


Let's get up close and personal with these cute little guys...

I'm calling this one Dominic, after my Uncle Doe... he was a little guy too!



And this one is Bergy... my cousin who was into mushrooms ...and ahem,  other plants...


This guy is Eli... he and Bergy were good friends who shared an interest in botany that could be experienced ...


 Next we have Ray... he's a bit flighty but a good guy down deep...


This is Mac... a gnome of Irish descent hanging out in the clover...


And finally Finn... he's the sensitive one...


This guys are tiny... Dominic only measures  1.5" tall and 1" wide... I plan to finish each little guy as a separate cushion... maybe with some sort of cording or edging or rick rack around the outside edge... need to play with that idea soon so I can display them this Spring. I think it will be fun to tuck them in here and there ... a sort of Where's Waldo? but with gnomies!!

And sitting in my chair and exerting as little energy as possible did allow me to finish another pair of scrappy socks... 



They are bright... all Opal yarns ...my favorite yarn for socks!!  I cast on another pair of scrappy socks when these were complete, but in calmer colors... greens and purples and a bit of peach... I'll show them next week although I'm not sure I'll have a pair complete... I'm still moving slow. 

Plans for today include dinner with my sons and daughter-in-law... we never got around to doing prime rib for Christmas...and January got away from us with birthdays and baby showers so today is the day... prime rib, asparagus, mushrooms, pasta salad, tossed salad, strawberries and rolls... should be yummy... 
and I'm hoping for a little time with my sewing machine today. Yesterday I worked on my latest Moda Love Quilt... all the crazy pieced blocks are pieced... now to trim them, turn them into half-square triangles and re-trim them... check back tomorrow... I'm hoping to have them on my design wall in a final layout... then I can sew them together next week.

I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts today... and perhaps there will be a small bit of time for a nap... like the Dude...



I had just folded the Moda Love Quilt I showed last week and this Princess and the Pea moment materialized... I need to get the binding on the quilt below but don't want to disturb him... maybe tomorrow...

hope you have a great week ahead...
happy stitching-
carol fun 

5 comments:

  1. Love you scrappy docks, great way to use up all the left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Love the gnomes and your stories about them. Happy socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little gnomes are adorable; gosh they are tiny! Your cat looks so comfy snoozing away on your pretty quilt. I hope you are feeling much better now so that you can enjoy more lovely stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure hope you are all better very soon. So far we have had a healthy winter with no colds, not like last year! I love all those cute little guys!! That design would be right at home up here. Poulsbo was settled by Norwegians and gnomes are big in that culture. Your gold fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely little gnomes! I don't do cross stitch so certainly admire your skill stitching such tiny designs. Do hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com