Sunday, March 24, 2019

I think it may be Spring on a Slow Stitching Sunday...

Hello all ... well the weather this week and the fact that it was the vernal equinox on Wednesday have lead me to believe Spring is here... and the clincher is my beloved Cincinnati Reds play their opening day game this coming Thursday... yeah!! Weather forecast is for 65 and sunny and dry... should be a great day... hope springs eternal when the season starts... we have some better pitching and fielding. The owners have spent some money on the team this year and I hope it pays off. Opening Day is Cincinnati is quite an affair... there is a parade around noon which has a big turnout and all the local media cover everything that happens that day... it is sort of local holiday... people let their kids skip school if they have tickets for the game... it is a BIG DEAL!!  I'll be watching from the comfort of my stitching chair. My son had tickets for Opening Day a couple of years ago... he said it was a blast to attend.

Well I ran here and there last week but I did get several things accomplished. My group of quilty ladies gets together once a month and they were coming to my house after we did dinner at Cheesecake Factory, and that always spurs me to finish stuff. I got a quilt back from Quilting by David and I'm really happy with the panto ....

Here's a close up ... the pattern is called Just Roses...



And here is the Dude inspecting the quilt...


I'm happy it met with his approval... here's the back... I LOVE this fabric!!


And since the remnants of this quilt were still all over my cutting table I decided that a new table runner for my dining room table would be lovely... I knew the quilty ladies would ogle it...



I just quilted a big wavy line on this ...


I also love that Lemondrop Grunge... so pretty and Spring-y!!  

And I wasn't done yet... there were still some bits and pieces so I made a little mini-quilt...


I think I have this collection out of my system now... this fabric is the Painted Garden collection from Crystal Manning... it came out a while ago... and she has a new collection called Growing Beautiful that has captured my attention... 


I think this is BEAUTIFUL... and I LOVE that little pop of chartruese greeny yellow... that's gonna be my background color. I've been stalking the web looking for pre-cuts of this collection to no avail. My friend wrote to Crystal and she was  told  that they are digitally printing the fabric and the factory didn't have the ability to do layer cakes/jelly rolls/charm packs... darn... but I like this SOOOOO MUCH that I broke down and purchased a bundle of fat eighths... should be here this week. I'm thinking of doing something simple (I like simple... A LOT)  so it shows off the fabrics. 

I put the little mini quilt out on the sunroom porch... I think it looks great there...


I like the bit of softness it brings to the display...

And not only was I productive on the quilting front I also was on a roll with my cross stitch...first I finished stitching April in the HoD A Year of Celebrations...


I changed the tulips to yellow from purple... and used my choices of DMC... I still have a week to FFO it.

And after that was done I picked up one of my new Market haul pieces... Easter Holiday Hoopla from WTN&T... everyone on IG said it was a quick stitch...and it was...I changed most of the colors... some of the overdyeds I didn't have and others I didn't like, so this is a mix of Weeks/Gentle Arts/Classic Colorworks/DMC... I put the last stitches in this morning and went right to work FFO-ing it... I never do that ...don't know what got into me but I'm happy with the results!!


I stitched this on 32 ct linen I painted with very diluted washes of Lemon Yellow and Aquamarine... the little tart pan came from Michaels... I think it was $3... the rose-y pom poms were in my stash as was the ribbon. I will be able to reuse this for other charts in this to be released series...

And here it is in my display...


The other Easter piece was a gift a couple of years ago from Wicked Stitcher... I love those bunnies!!

Now what to stitch next... I think I'm done doing Easter stuff...and maybe even Spring stuff... may move onto Summer... I have several pieces I want to do with a chicken theme... and even though I said I would stick with small pieces  When Flowers Blossom from WTN&T is calling my name...



I'm thinking that a soft yellow or green background would be pretty and perhaps make both of the houses yellow-y gold... on 32 ct it would be about 8" high and 12" wide... maybe I'll have time tonight to pull some threads and maybe paint some fabric... 

But first I need to work on dinner... my son and his wife are coming over... we use to get together every Sunday but the schedule has changed... my son is the prosecutor for our little town and does Mayor's Court on the first and third Mondays of the month...so those weeks we get together for dinner after he's done with that... so that leaves the other Sundays for me... it is a nice arrangement. We are all on pins and needles awaiting the arrival of their bundle of joy... should be arriving before Easter ... so close... 

OK -just popped the prime rib roast in the oven for a sear of 30 minutes... need to prep the asparagus and I'll put together a salad and slice some avocados... I made a pasta salad yesterday and we have fresh strawberries and rolls... should be tasty. 

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today ... hope you have a great week wherever you are... 

happy stitching-
carol fun 


4 comments:

  1. For just a moment I thought your April piece said “snow” instead of “grow”. Thankfully, I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty table runner and sweet mini quilt you created with the leftover bits of your bigger quilt. That mini quilt looks fabulous with your bunny vignette. Congratulations on both of your stitched finishes! I love the thread colors you used in both. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric for the quilt, table runner, and mini quilt is so bright and cheery. Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all anxious for the baby and for you to be a grandma. It is so exciting!! Love that little WTN&T piece. If it is going to be a series, I might have to get busy and stitch it. I just finished Easter Peep . I remember seeing it on your blog and loving it. I did offer it to my DD, Do you ever do that and then wonder why!! She is very artistic so I know it will have a good home. Quilt is so pretty and Springy!!Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com