Sunday, April 14, 2019

Exciting news on a Slow Stitching Sunday...

Hello ... well it has been a very interesting week... and not because of any of my crafty stuff but because our family got the BEST gift in the whole wide world... a new grandbaby!!!  Elliott Damon arrived on Friday April 12 a bit after noon... he is ADORABLE... he is a bit of a peanut...only 5 lbs. 13 ozs. but we know he'll be a bouncing baby boy in no time.  His name has connections to both sides of the families... Elliott was his great great grandmother's last name on his mother's side and Damon is the last name of his great great grandmother on his father's side. He looks a lot like his father as many friends and nurses have commented... genetics... you can't fight them...  Mother and baby are coming home from the hospital tomorrow... Father has 6 weeks of family leave so they have plenty of time to settle in. Spring weather is upon us so there will be walks to the park in Elliott's fancy new stroller and lots of time for grandparents to come and cuddle him. I'm the winner of the location lottery as I'm a mere 3 minute walk to their house... I'm so lucky. Now to dive into making things for Elliott. I found all the novelty blocks I made back in July of  2015 for a fun quilt...  I hadn't sewn them into rows as I had one block that was more girl oriented and one that was boy oriented... now I know which one to use!  This is a pic when it was on my design wall...



I'll be getting some minkee for the back of this and send it off to Quilting by David this week!!   And then are are some cute onesies I want to embellish and little sweaters to knit and stuffed animals to make... I'm gonna be busy busy busy!!!

In the meantime I made my first purchase from the wonderful world of Target's baby section... I have resisted even walking through that part of the store until Saturday when I went to buy some onesies and this adorable outfit just had to come home with me...


and Elliott is so handsome and huggable!!  More cute stuff will surely find its way home with me... location is again in my favor as it is a 6 minute drive from my driveway to Target's parking lot... they make it soooo easy....LOL

Needless to say with all the excitement of Elliott's arrival I didn't get much crafty stuff done... I made some progress on the LHN Spring ABC's...




All of the letters are done and there is one more word to do... I'm a little over halfway  finished...maybe before this week is over.

And something haven't shown in quite a while....


Socks!!!  This pair used two different Opal yarns from the Claude Monet collection. I alternated 9681 and 9685 and added some blue heels. I really like knitting this kind of sock as I have no clue what patterns are going to appear. As soon as I kitchnered the toes on this pair I cast on another pair using two more colorways of the Monet collection... I do love Opal yarns!!

So lots of things to do this upcoming week... as I said before Elliott come home to his kingdom tomorrow, I've been asked to help them settle in... and I have appointments Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and I'm taking my younger son to meet his friend for lunch on Friday...need more hours in a day.

I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts and checking out what everyone else is up to... along with everything else going on I want to go walk through a garden center or two... I know it is way to early to plant but I spied petunias and marigolds at one of my favorite garden places when I drove past today... want to start plotting and planning what to plant.

Hope you have a happy and productive week ahead... I'll be sneaking in some stitching and knitting in between cuddling Elliott ...

happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the grandson, we have another due in November. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Babies are wonderful - especially if you are the grandma and can give them back LOL.

    Cute socks - I like doing "Frakensocks" out of several yarns, too and those Opal yarns play so nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How wonderful that you live so close to you new little grand. Your quilt for him is so fun and happy. Oh Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Grandma! You ARE lucky to be so close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the birth of the grandbaby! How lucky and fortunate to be living nearby! Your ABC stitch is looking good. What fun socks you have created! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new grandson, Carol...I love the name!!! You will so enjoy being a Grandma and the fact that you are so close is a true benefit...enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new grandson. How exciting for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com