Sunday, October 20, 2019

Surprising myself on a Slow Sunday Stitching...

Hello all -- another busy week past me by but I surprised myself by what I accomplished... I had a medical appointment, and a dinner engagement (oh the scallops at Trio's in Kenwood are to die for!!!)  and a birthday get together for one of my quilty lady friends, and yard work, and errands that needed to be done so I didn't expect much productivity in the crafty time but I surprised myself... I got a bunch of quilt blocks sewn together and got a cross stitch piece almost to the finish line... and while I'm patting myself on the back, I actually made dinner at home several times too... I like to eat out... my son likes to eat out... we eat out... a lot... but with the weather cooling down I feel more inclined to cook... had several tasty meals... hope to repeat the experience again this week...

But onto crafty stuff... first I have all 16 blocks sewn for my Christmas Quilty Stars... yeah me!!! Here are the 8 new ones I made ....


and here are all the blocks... I'll probably move a few around ...




and here are some close ups from this batch...













My deadline for this is that the top needs to be in the mail by Halloween... still need to make the sashing... I'm thinking stars like I did on my son's Quilty Star but with solid fussy cut centers... and I have some yardage of this pretty Christmas fabric...


I think it will be big enough...  fingers crossed...

And I got some productive cross stitching time in and my November Prairie Schooler is just about done...



need to finish up the leaves at the bottom  and fill in the turkey tail feathers and its a wrap. I'm very happy with this one...

Now onto getting November for Hands on Designs A Year of Celebrations stitched and there is a small Prairie Schooler turkey I want to add to my display this year... I enjoy taking the time to do a Thanksgiving display... a little breathing room before plunging into Christmas...

And speaking of Christmas... I'm not going to tell you how many days there are left but it is  less than 75 but more than 50... there are only 3 weeks and 6 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year... very short season... now I mentioned that I expected Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle & Thread to come out with some Christmas charts that I wouldn't be able to resist... and she has... oh my goodness... look at these... sorry these are great pics... I couldn't get them copied from IG so these are pictures of pictures... here's a link to farmgirlloves goats IG... much clearer pictures...


must stitch this Santa!!!



and I love this snowman, although I think I'm going to eliminate the candy canes and stitch a little pine bough instead so he's more winter-y ... I don't put snowmen out till January... but I'm dying here over those checked pants...


and I love this little snowman... he looks quick to stitch...



and this piece is so pretty... I think this was a class piece at a retreat... I LOVE the cardinal  and the house...  I will NEVER EVER EVER run out of things to stitch!!!  ROFLMAO...

So this week is looking good... only have 2 days, oh wait, make that 3 days I have to be some where... I'm hoping for some rain sometime this week to soften the ground up a bit... I haven't cleaned out any of my flower beds as they are still blooming and I have a bunch of daffodil and allium and hyacinth bulbs I need to plant... the forecast is pleasantly Fall-ish... I want to enjoy it as much as possible... and I want to stitch and sew and knit as much as possible...been working on scrappy socks and have a couple of new shawl patterns I'd like to play with...

Hope you have a great week ahead... time to do what you want to do!!!   I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today... I enjoy spending time seeing what everyone else is up to ...

take care-
happy stitching-
carol fun



2 comments:

  1. That Christmas quilt is going to be so pretty. I love to see the fabric close ups. Those WTN&T charts have caught my eye too. I absolutely love the one that looks sort of like a sampler. I'm with you, I do stitch some Thanksgiving and I never play my Christmas music till after Thanksgiving. I think it is a very important holiday that often gets over looked. Time to get off my soap box and say have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. استخدام الملح يمكن استخدام الملح في القضاء على حشرة الأرضة، ويعتبر من الطرق الطبيعية والفعّالة للتخلص منها، ويمكن استخدامه من خلال وضع الملح في وعاء يحتوي على ماء دافئ ويجب أن يكون الماء مالح للغاية، ثم رشّ الماء في الأماكن التي تتواجد فيها حشرة الأرضة مما يؤدي إلى تعرضّها للجفاف ومن ثم الموت.

    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بابها
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بحائل
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالقطيف
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخرج

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com