Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas-y stuff

First a little whine... it is really hard finding crafty stuff to post on a crafty blog when everything you are working on is a gift for someone who reads this blog! Sheesh...I'm sewing as fast as I can! However there is one project I can share cause I made these for me! Christmas-y pillowcases featuring Santa and Frosty!



Now I almost titled this post "Sleeping with Santa and Frosty" but my son informed me that it sounded kinda slutty... so I figured I'd just hide it here in the text and see if anyone else finds it as funny as I do - LOL - I am easily amused in my old age!

Anyway here is Frosty...



And here is Santa and the whole gang from the 1964 Rankin/Bass production of Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer.


I used that burrito method of making the pillowcases so all the seams are enclosed -quick and easy! You can find a tutorial here. I'll be cozy with all these guys in bed with me.... OMG.... that sounds slutty too!

Sooooo lets switch gears here and look at one of our Christmas trees...my younger son decorates this one and it is all "food" ornaments.



Big Dude is making sure all those ones at the bottom are hung in their proper place.



 That big slice of pizza is a Christopher Radko ornament and it started the whole collection.


The gumball machine is a new addition this year and I love the little baking sheet with the gingerbread guys.


And looky here! I just found these in a plastic bin in the basement. I don't have a clue as to where or when I bought these but a couple are going on the big tree today. Maybe next Christmas I'll do a little tree in my sewing room with polka dot ornaments... could be the start of another collection!

Hope your holiday preparations are moving along nicely. I'm off to drop my Christmas cards in the mail. Each year I send less and less and each year it is later and later when I get them in the mail. I even thought of starting on next years cards now while I had the stuff strewn all over my desk, but there are too many other things that need to be done NOW!

happy stitching-
carol fun


8 comments:

  1. In my perfect world the kids' beds and our bed would be donned in Christmas handmades... maybe someday!

    Love all your ornaments. Especially that gingerbread baking sheet, so cute! I also love that gingerbread quilt on the wall in front of Big Dude. What a cute kitty checking the ornaments for you. LOL

    Merry Christmas!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the food tree! I didn't realize there were so many food related ornaments.

    I also have a cat who checks that the ornaments are properly and securely hung on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is looking very Christmas-y!!! Love the pillowcases. I'll have to check out that tutorial. I've been making pillowcases for the grandkids but they have seams showing.
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow cases are so cute!! Thanks for the tutorial!! I have always avoided them because of the seams. The food tree is great! A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Cute! Cute! But I'd keep an eye on that helper if I was you!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pillow cases!!
    and the 'joke'!!!
    I am getting less and less cards in the mail each year--and so far this year--well--hardly any!!
    Love the food tree--and that is acute idea for a tree!!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the cast off theme. I'm sure Frosty and Santa are happy to have you snuggled up to them at night. 😀

    Love the food tree. Guess I never knew there were that many food ornies either.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleeping with Santa? You Christmas Hos will do anything for more presents! ROFL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com