Sunday, June 9, 2019

Planning a Patriotic Palooza on Slow Sunday Stitching...

Hello friends...well it was a good week... I didn't feel sick at all and I got all the stuff on my "I want to do this" list completed... that rarely happens as there is almost always waaaay more on the list than I have the time, or the inclination to do...the weather has been pretty good... temperatures in the low 80's and sometimes even the 70's... still could do with less rain but the flip side of that is I've hardly watered my flowers at all... it is raining here again today, so there will be more time for stitching which is a bonus...

First thing on my list ... I FFO'd the June installment of Hands on Designs' A Year of Celebrations...



I found the ribbon in my stash and it is probably 10 years old... but a perfect match for this piece... the little fish pins are from JABCO and I've had them a while too... it is good to have a stash of crafty stuff... the flamingos are salt and pepper shakers from Cracker Barrel... which I purchased because, as I said last week, when I looked at the chart I thought those flags in the upper right hand corner were stylized flamingos... the power of imagination, right??? LOL ...no mind altering chemicals were involved here... kinda scary isn't it??

And then I moved onto getting some other projects prepped... I painted and dyed linen for a bunch of patriotic projects... I probably will not get all of these stitched before July... "probably" isn't the correct word... but I'm happy deluding myself that I can get it all stitched...here's what I played with...oh if you are tempted by any of these charts I've tried to link then to where I got them... currently I've been ordering a lot from 123Stitch and Kitten Stitcher... both have excellent service and reasonable shipping costs...IMHO...and I've been getting my linen from Everything Crossstitch... again, excellent service and reasonable shipping...

Where Liberty Dwells by With Thy Needle & Thread... I want to do the one with the big star...



Betsey by Sheepish Designs... Kitten Stitcher found a bunch of old Sheepish Design charts, not reprints, originals and I've always liked this one... right now I just plan on stitching Betsey...


Summer in Baltimore by With Thy Needle & Thread... plan is to just stitch the eagle with the bunting...



This is another one I found at Kitten Stitcher... Chessie & Me Lady Liberty Notebook... I want to stitch each side as a separate piece...


Lizzie Kate's Buzzy String...


And Lizzie Kate's Yankee Doodles... the plan is to just stitch the big hat with no words...


Rise and Shine by ScissorTail Design... stitching the top chart with the 2 chickens and the flag...


And I can't leave out Little House Needleworks Summer ABC's... can't wait to start this one...


OMG... I hadn't fully realized how many projects I've got planned here...and there are more charts I didn't dye/paint fabric for... a Patriotic Palooza ...LOL... and after I got all the stuff cleaned up it dawned on my that I didn't prep linen for Hands On Designs Year of Celebrations for July or August which is something I need to do... I'm proud of myself that it is June and I've gotten every month done so far... don't want to stop now...

Meanwhile back at the ranch (actually on the sunroom porch) I stitched two small pieces and started a third...

Lizzie Kate's Summer from Summer Smalls...



I used DMC floss and changed up the colors... made the pinks more peachy and totally chucked the dark gray letters for some turquoise... the Summer Solstice is June 21 ... I'll have this FFO'd by then.

And I stitched up this little gal from Heart and Hand Designs... she's called Libby...



I used some DMC and some Weeks and used some gold braid for her crown... oh I just realized I never stitched the stars that are suppose to go on her sash... I'll fix that later today...

And I started Grand Olde Flag from With Thy Needle & Thread...


Notice the  lady doesn't have a big skirt to fill in but that spool is gonna take a while... I'm seeing a pattern in WTN&T pieces that I like... always some BIG section that needs lots of stitches...

And to finish off my list, I finally got the borders on the Chamomile quilt...and last night I decided on a panto so I'll fill out the form today and pop that into the mail tomorrow to Quilting by David.

It was a pretty productive week... and next week is looking promising for lots of stitching time... with the rain falling as I type there is no need to water... and other than a dinner engagement one night  there isn't anything else on my calendar...yeah!!!  I've had several nice days and evenings sitting on my sunroom porch stitching...the light out there is great during the day... at night it could be better... I do have a lamp but it isn't in the best spot... I do like sitting out there and watching the birds... last week I had a cardinal, a blue jay and a finch all in the same afternoon... I've been keeping the bird seed doused in the Cole's Flaming Squirrel Seed Sauce and the little rodents in the nice fur coats haven't been dining at my feeders... they have been digging up some of my wave petunias which I'm not happy about either... Mother Nature can be a pest sometimes...

So I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts and then I'm parking myself in my recliner on the sunroom porch and watching  YouTube gardening videos and stitching... I've found lots of great videos from the Chelsea Flower Show and I always enjoy Garden Answer... makes me want to plant more stuff!!! Oh it is a very good thing that I don't drink, smoke or do drugs... between the gardening and the cross stitching and the quilting I don't have any money left for those other vices...LOL

Hope you have a great week with lots of crafty time!!

happy stitching-
carol fun


6 comments:

  1. Your June finish looks fabulous. I love what you have planned for patriotic palooza. Thanks for the links! Can you add the 'seed sauce' to the soil around your petunias? Have a blessed Sunday and wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you have a lot of projects on deck!!
    I hope you plan to live for a hundred more years to finish all these projects! LOL
    Did you see the Lori Holt cross stitch at Fat Quarter Shop called "sew she did"?
    Very cute! Flosstube on Youtube has some tips apparently

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting on your front porch stitching sounds delightful. My goodness you have a lot of projects on the go. I love how your 'no substance' mind works. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do have a lot of things planned, loved the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have some great patriotic stitching all ready to go. I did Betsy a few years ago and just put her on my couch this afternoon.(I made her into a good sized pillow.) Tonight I hope to start Where Liberty Dwells. I am doing the big star also. It is hot for here and I think you got all of our rain! We have been watering for some time. So glad to hear you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com