Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday

This is the first Wednesday in about a month that I haven't had places to be, so I really enjoyed staying home and playing with my scraps. I was able to finish all the blocks for my Hugs and Kisses quilt. You can see the pattern here and can see that I put my own spin on this great pattern by Jaybird Quilts.



This will finish about 60" square and I was able to incorporate lots of novelty fabrics (I LOVE novelty fabrics) along with my stash of brights.


"Making" the fabric for this quilt was such fun that I couldn't wait to start another quilt. I assembled these two slabs - each is 8 1/2" inches wide and one is about 10 inches long and the other about 13 inches long.


I thought if I made chunks like this it would be easier to assemble a long strip for a full size quilt. Right now my plan is to do a strippy quilt with a bright dotty yellow fabric in between the "made" fabric, but that is certainly subject to change depending on my whims.

I'm linking this up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday - you can see it here.

Oh it was a very nice sewing day!
Happy stitching-
carol fun

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is astonishing, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO fun! Love it - the little preview i saw on WIP wednesday caught my attention and I HAD to click over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Did you even make a dent in your scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Did you even make a dent in your scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cheery quilt! i had that pattern, but could never quite find the right fabric for it. You sure did, though! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such amazing colorful and happy looking quilts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com