Friday, November 14, 2014

Ummmmm...that didn't turn out the way I expected~

So last week I was knitting away on a Sockhead hat using my Blue Moon Socks That Rock yarn in the Supercolourfragilistic colorway. I was loving the color, the yarn and the mindless knitting. It was just what I needed to get through last week's installment of How the Bathroom Turns (see post of 11/12 for the latest episode).

Yesterday I finished it... it was quick knit...about a week of time...very colorful...and squooshy...



just one little problem...I look like a deranged elf in it! Really, it is true and I didn't take a picture because I don't want that image stuck in your brain as it is stuck in mine. I'm trying to be compassionate here.

Sooooooo.... I'm going to unravel it and knit something else with it. Perhaps my tried and true standard vanilla socks. Something I know will turn out fine.  Oh well, it was good therapy last week and it kept be from hurting someone. That's what I like about knitting... it is a stress release for me.

Now I was cheered up by some new Blue Moon Socks that Rock yarn that snuck into my house this past week from the Simply Sock Yarn Company. From right to left -

Azure Malachite, Tardis Blue, Christmas Balls, Beach Blanket Bingo!


I adore this yarn for its bright colors, its squooshiness and for the names they come up with. The Tardis Blue is a wonderful blue with some purple-y undertones. I'm not sure why I like the Christmas Balls but I do... it is an interesting combination of colors. And I HAD to have Beach Blanket Bingo - a tribute to Annette Funicello if I ever saw one. Annette is near and dear to my heart as her last name is only one letter different from my last name, and all my life people have asked if we are related. Not that I'm aware of, but one of the thrills of my childhood was meeting Annette for a few minutes when she was in Cincinnati, Ohio for some sort of promotional tour for the Mickey Mouse Club.  I was saddened when she past away last year but I know she had suffered with Multiple Sclerosis for years so I take comfort that she was released from that pain.

Don't know what I'm going to work on next. I need to get those skeins wound and should probably start on a hat out of the Tardis Blue for my younger son. He tried on the Sockhead hat and it wasn't his cup of tea either so I'll look on Ravelry for something that would suit him.

Happy knitting!

carol fun

5 comments:

  1. I want to order Beach Blanket Bingo, too! I love the name. Sorry your hat didn't turn out as you had hoped. Socks will be really cute in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might really like the hat if you just shorten the body of it--
    so start unraveling it at the center top--take off a couple inches and then try it on--
    it looks like it would make a really nice warm hat--so don't give up just yet!!!
    Unless I am too late already!!
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me giggle!!! I look just awful in knitted/crocheted hats, so even though I love love love to crochet I have never bothered to make myself a hat :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very funny post! My DH was deeply in love with Annette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the hat looks a little too long. Perhaps shortening it a bit would make it fit better on your head. Those yarns are scrumptious looking. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com