Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP for Wednesday

In my continuing saga to play with all crafts of the Autumn persuasion,and to totally ignore the fact that it is still in the upper 80's here with 90% humidity, I started this sampler by Lizzie*Kate - appropriately titled "Autumn Alphabet".


I've been making good progress and I'm enjoying stitching this one just like I did the Winter version. The fabric is out of my stash and barely big enough for this sampler but I loved the mottled golden color. When Bev goes to frame this she will probably say bad words - I apologize now. Mea culpa!


I love that they included little charms like the squirrel and the moon and the teeny tiny buttons for the owls eyes - too cute! Now a heads up to anyone else who stitches this sampler - the symbol for the frame around the letter F is incorrect. According to the chart, it should be stitched in lavender - which is the color of the frame right above it for the letter B. If you look at the picture of the sampler....


you can see that the frame should be the dark brown. I'm glad I checked the picture. And my little pea brain has another issue with this chart, in that they use a very similar symbol for two different flosses -- the forward backslash "/" is 3041(lavender), and the other backslash "\" is 898 (brown). There are only 12 colors of floss in this piece and it seems you could have replaced one of those backslashes with a dot or a circle as neither of those two symbols appear. I keep threading up with the wrong colors with these two as I forget which is the forward facing one and which isn't as I flip back and forth between the graph on the inside and the floss key on the outside of the chart. I know, I know I'm being a cranky. Also if you stitch these samplers pay attention to the frames. Several of the appear to be symmetrical and they aren't- ask me how I know? I after messing up a couple of times I'm getting better at remembering this. And even with all that said, I do love this sampler!

Well I'm off to wait for the delivery guys to bring my son's new furniture this afternoon. And I may do a little touch up on the paint.... or I may just sit and stitch.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

12 comments:

  1. I'm so ready to make some fall or Christmas stuff. Tis the season! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really working up beautifully - thanks for the heads up as I have this in the "stash heap" to do at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think designers do that asymmetrical stuff to trip us up! Most often when I have to frog it is because I've not counted, instead 'assuming' a pattern when there is not one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that is the cutest thing...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That design is really cute and looks like it would be a lot of fun especially with all the different letters and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute piece ~ but what a pain about the symbols!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new sampler!! A great autumn stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a pretty fun sampler that is becoming!! and yes-I too have had trouble with symbols that are too close in design and have had trouble figuring out the color and where the stitches are to go!!!!
    I have been bad and not done any cross stitch all summer--but I have a nice pile of wanna-do's--soon!!!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very cute. Bring it along to Keepsakes Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely CUTE! Liking it bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the colours in this design. I'm already doing the Christmas stitchings cause I really need to get those stockings done for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute project Carol! I love L*K designs. Sorry this chart is being such a pain though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com