Monday, April 6, 2015

I fell down a rabbit hole... on Design Wall Monday

I know it was Easter on Sunday and I feel like I fell down a rabbit hole. I had family over for dinner and it was lovely. Last week I bounced from project to project ... again. Nothing got finished but something else got started. This quilt...


I fell in love with this new fabric line from Abi Hall called On the Wing. You can see it all here. The first fabric I had to have was this bird print...


such sweet little birds on a sunny yellow background. And then there is this print...do you see the birds?


And this print reminds me of a peasant top I made in the 70's... a nice memory!


The pattern I used was Mahalo by Fig Tree. You can see it here.  I used the Charm pack layout but I made the quilt with a Layer Cake.  Right now it is about 62" square and with borders I'll get it up to about 80"...perfect for my bed.

It shouldn't take too long to get the borders on this but there are other projects I need to get to ...NOW!


Soooooo.... today is Opening Day for my beloved Cincinnati Reds...I'll be listening to the game on the radio... tonight is quilt guild meeting...Tues/Thurs I need to run my son to his classes...Wednesday I'm attending a family birthday party...I need to spend some time with my younger son to help him on a class project...and I need to alter my other son's vest for the wedding... yeah... another busy week. Hope there aren't any rabbit holes in it! LOL

happy stitching-
carol fun

14 comments:

  1. Great fabric and pattern! I can see why a new project jumped up! Good luck on your busy week. How long until the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but I do love this particular rabbit hole. That quilt will be gorgeous. And I love those fabrics. They just might have made my "must buy" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics, so bright and cheery. The quilt will be amazing when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lively, sunny prints! Yellow/blue/white are a winning combination. The Cubs lost the opener yesterday. I should start cutting my Baseball Swap squares now....(That's https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/baseballswap/info for anyone unfamiliar with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I want to fall down this rabbit hole if this is what you get! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. The yellows and blues just sing!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and yellow tones in the new quilt! My niece lives in Cincinnati and is also a Reds fan.Good luck with your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a lovely quilt! I always love blues and yellows together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crushing on those colors! Beautiful! I have a thing for sweet little birds too. Just love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the design of this quilt! A nice way to showcase those cute fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful use of that nice fabric line. I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, now I've fallen in love with those fabrics, too. Love this piece and must get the line...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen that line and fell in love with it too, but unlike you, I didn't bring it home...yet! Those rabbit holes are hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com