Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Why I shouldn't sew when I'm hungry...

Have you seen this magazine?


It is called Quick-to-Stitch Precuts and I bought it earlier this summer at Kroger's but you can still get it here on Amazon. I was totally smitten with the quilt on the cover by Lori J. Miller and it just so happened that I already had the layer cake she used in my stash. It is called From Outside In by Malka Dubrawsky. I don't know if you can find a layer cake of this one anymore...when I Googled it I could only find charm packs and FQ bundles.

Anyway it is rare that I make a pattern using exactly the same fabric show in the picture but I'm making an exception for this quilt. I am using a different background fabric...she used a linen and I substituted a Moda Grunge...I LOVE Grunge! I started sewing  these 10" blocks together a little before dinner time and whipped up a dozen...



Hmmm...whipped...dozen... made me think of food...my stomach was growling! As I was sewing this block I saw cookies... I can't decide if they are oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip...oh now I know which kind they are oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips! Need to make some of these this weekend.


Oh I see cinnamon rolls...I wonder if there is still a Cinnabon in the mall?


Mmmmm... donuts... I hear Homer Simpson talking... I really should eat something... I think I'm starting to hallucinate...LOL!


What to eat? What to eat? Breadsticks??? Italian food is always good.


Okay... gotta stop sewing and go get something to eat...when I looked at this block I see those little burgers they steam at White Castle... they have holes in them... you can see them here... I can't eat them...LOVE them but they do a number on my lower digestive tract that we aren't going to talk about.


Sooooo... I turned off the machine and told my son to get his shoes on and we went out to dinner...had Chinese food...I wonder if I'll see wontons in any of the other prints?

And this is why I shouldn't sew when I'm hungry!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced and Patchwork Times...lots to see on both of those blogs.

Hope you have a tasty dinner.

happy stitching-
carol fun

9 comments:

  1. I always heard you should never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach but never thought that could apply to quilting!!! I can see what you're talking about though--the shapes do resemble food! LOL And with that, I'm going to go eat lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hysterical! Never thought about it but totally see the comparisons! Now I'm hungry:) In case of emergency Burger King sells mini cinnabuns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I was always advised to never cut fabric when I'm tired, but I can see how working with this fabric while hungry might be the TRUE thing to avoid. And now I want a cinnamon bun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're funny!! Love your blocks. The quilt looks like it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Malka Dubrowski's fabrics, but I won't be able to look at them without searching for a food connection! Gee, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the colors. I have the very bad habit of drinking coffee when I stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! How funny. I enjoyed your food fabric. I wonder what the designer was thinking when designing these. Oh - and instead of White Castle (which I had once in Vegas) the design reminds me of Ravioli!. But it you want White Castle you can have it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com