Sunday, March 11, 2018

Catching up on Slow Sunday Stitching...

Well things have been busy but I don't have much to show for it... last weekend was the memorial for my brother and it was a lovely event. Estimate was over 75 vintage and classic cars were displayed and over 200 people paid their respects. It was a party...and  my brother  would have enjoyed himself immensely. I saw and talked to people I haven't seen in 50 years...gosh I feel old old old... I was exhausted after it was all over and took a couple of days to just putz around the house. I did a little knitting...got one sock done...did a little sewing... worked on a foundation pieced bunny but it still needs to be bound...and cross stitched a little.

I have one finish and another piece in progress... let's start with the finish...

This is 2/3 of the Blackbird Designs  "Breath of Spring"...






I left off one bunny and one basket ...the basket I left off looks identical to the one on the left. I finished is ala Priscilla. The frame is a chalkboard that I covered with the fabric mat...and old old Debbie Mumm piece...and the ribbon was a bargain from JoAnns.  I stitched it on 32 ct. linen I painted with Rit dyes and I used the called for over dyed threads...had them all in my stash. I think it is a very nice "Springy" piece.


As for the work in progress...




This is "Delivering Posies" from Homespun Elegance. I painted this linen too and I'm using most of the called for threads. I did substitute Weeks Curry for the flower centers and the butterfly... but I might re-stitch the butterfly...not a lot of contrast there. I did little Smyrna crosses for the centers instead of the bajillion french knots it called for... I still need to finish the grass and add the little lady bug and find some buttons for the wheels on the cart.

I'm a bit discombobulated today. My handyman came bright and early (and it was early for me because of the time change...do not get me started... I hate, abhor, loathe, detest the time change...just pick one and stick with it...leave the clocks alone...we will get more daylight hours eventually no matter what the damn clock says)...anyway where was I ...oh  my handyman Dan came this morning to help take down the drapes and the mini-blinds as my new windows are to be installed starting tomorrow... bright and early again... yes I'm crabby and cranky...I am sooooo NOT a morning person. I've trained my friends not to text/call before 10 am... I'm a much nicer person after 10 and now that I'm pushing 65 I can live my life on my  schedule...for the most part...anyway I got sidetracked again..oh..discombobulate...yeah... well with all the drapes and mini-blinds off the windows it is very bright in here. I think I have some Transylvania/vampire ancestry cause I'm not comfortable...and I feel like I'm living in a fishbowl/department store display window.  My little house is on the corner...stop sign slows down traffic...lots of people walking...lots of eyes...not that I'm anything much to look at.  And along with taking down all the window covering I've had to take down all my decorating knickknacks... I have a lot of  knickknacks...and the house looks bare...ugh...and every room is messed up. Furniture is moved away from the windows...the drapes are all in my downstairs  sewing studio... I feel like I'm getting ready to move in or move out and that is the last thing I want to do.

Hopefully they will make enough progress tomorrow so I can put my house back in order. I'm hoping they will start with the windows on the house and then move on to the porch enclosure project and the back door breezeway.  Once the house is done  I can bring some semblance of order back. My new mini-blinds haven't arrived yet...fingers crossed they get here by the end of the week. Dan has time late this week and early next week to come back and install them...timing works out well for that. And I have a baker's rack I want him to assemble. I purchased the rack 4 1/2 years with plans to use it in my living room or dining area but I failed to take into account the height of the rack combined with the wood cornices on the windows and the mail slot in the wall.  It has been languishing out in my garage un-assembled all this time.  However,  now that I'm getting the porch enclosed the mail slot into the house has to be sealed up and I think I will have the space I need for it.

This is what it looks like...


Look at all that glorious space  for seasonal decorating and plenty of room for quilts on the bottom...and drawers...I love the idea of little drawers to store stuff in.  Keep your fingers crossed that it does fit in the living room, next to the front door, directly in the line of sight from my stitching chair...insert little clappy jumping...LOL

So next week is full of stuff to do... window installation, porch enclosure, dinner out with quilty ladies, anime convention to take my son and his friend to, dinner with my older son...and the more stuff there is to do the more I want to become a hermit... Amazon Prime is one of my best friends...they even deliver groceries now... and there is Uber Easts and Grub Hub and Diner Dash to deliver from restaurants...hardly any reason to leave the house...but I will...and I will enjoy myself even though I'm grousing today... I'm telling you all this light is having an negative effect on me...LOL

Hope you have a great week ahead of you...I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today and we will see if I have anything to post later in the week...maybe the bunny wall hanging or perhaps I'll get the borders on the quilt top on my design wall... maybe ...maybe.

happy stitching-
carol fun


6 comments:

  1. Love your new Easter cross stitch piece. I got new windows a few years ago and it was worth all the outside exposure. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The house isn't as hot in the summer and the new windows muffle the outdoor sounds. Win - win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, too, will pass, Carol. We live with wide open windows and love it, but we're in the treetops, not on a street corner! What a great tribute to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love all the stitching. I did part of that BBD last Spring. It is such an easy one to break into parts. I'm so glad your brother's memorial went well. It sounds like it was a great tribute to him. Now for the complaining!! I am just like you in that I truly hate changing the time. It must go back to when we were an agricultural country. I say, let's get with the times!!! Plus I know how you feel about your house being torn up. We just had hardwoods put in our computer room. We were a mess for over a week. I just now got my Spring things up. I do love the baker's rack. That is going to be perfect! I hope the window job goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baker's rack looks fabulous and I hope it fits where you want it to go. I love your bunny finish. What blue thread are you using for the bird in Delivering Posies? The tribute to your brother sounded wonderful and I know he was looking down and enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright yellow linen for Breath of Spring and your finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com