Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Slow Sunday Stitching where I compensate for only posting once a week by showing lots of pictures...

Another crazy week blew by me... there was lunches with friends...and dinner with friends...and going to see the King and I with friends... nice to have such good friends!   Most of the week I jumped from project to project...finished a pair of socks (no picture...they are in the wash)...started a new sock project, 3 times... think I have a plan now. Worked on cross stitch projects...tried to finish the giant bunny  from Notforgotten Farms ... didn't happen... here's where I am now..


I'd say that dress is a little more than halfway done.. I'm going to add some stripes toward the bottom of the dress like Donna Rae at Flannel Jammies Farm did. Doing all the blue is mindless but it got boring so I veered off into some  little stuff....

I stitched this freebie piece called Wee Crowned Maiden by Pineberry Lane which you can find here.


She is quite petite...on 32 count she's about 1.75" tall and wide... the entire pillow only stands about 4" tall. Now I changed all the colors and instead of a crown I gave her hair and added satin stitches on the hem of her dress.

Also I stitched this piece which still needs to be finished...


This is just the little lady from the Pineberry Lane chart titled "Except this Posey from a Friend"...which you can see in its entirety here.   On 32 count, she is a whopping 2" high counting the tulip and a smidgen over 1" wide. I plan on finishing her similar to the Wee Crowned Maiden.  Both of these were lovely little diversions from the enormous blue dress... not sure why I thought doing another ginormous piece of solid clothing stitching was a good idea...that yellow skirt  on WTN&T Needle and Thread piece (which you can see here if you don't remember it) should have taught me something... but it didn't... I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree sometimes...LOL

So while I should have been stitching on the bunny  there were other shiny objects that caught my attention.  Yesterday I was in a finishing mood so I did finish a couple of pieces that were already stitched. First this oldie but goodie by Lizzie Kate...


I stitched this piece last year and put it aside ...I think  Spring had already passed by the time I got done with it. I like the chart but wished I'd stitched it on something brighter and lighter...the two-tone mat behind the piece is my attempt at brightening this up and tying it in with the quilt behind it.

Then I finished this piece which was a portion of the chart Tansy Yarrow Rue from Pineberry Lane.



I couldn't get the corners  squared the way I wanted them, so I pinched them and tied little floss bows on them instead. If you enlarge the pic you can see the shaded rickrack... don't know where it came from but I really like it.  I may stitch this one again in its entirety someday... I do like the chart but right now I just want to stitch some smaller pieces to decorate with...and speaking of decorating here are those finishes so far in my 3 tier tray...


and the requisite closeups of each level...now this is a new tray...a smaller round one that I picked up at Hobby Lobby for half off...

top tier...


the little bird has a clip coming out of it that is attached to the bottom of the Lizzie Kate piece and the bow fills in the empty space...

the middle tier...


the Wee Crowned Maiden with no crown graces the middle tier  with some bright mini tulips I got at Micheals and that little tulip plate which I vaguely remember buying at Yankee Candle years ago.


the bottom tier...


The lady with the rake from Tansy Yarrow Rue ...a wooden bird with a patchwork wing ...got it last year at either Joanns, Micheals or Hobby Lobby and more tulips...I love those tulips ...they coordinate great with the quilt I finished last year...


Big Dude approves...

But wait...there is more... I finished the Delivering Posies by Homespun Elegance... found some buttons in my stash and the clip board frame came from Hobby Lobby...


I "Priscilla-fied" this one with some lovely yellow gingham ribbon and a yellow fabric mat... I did that because I'm displaying it with a flock of yellow birds...


and since we're talking about yellow birds... I have quite a few of them...and a bunch of turquoise ones too but that's a story for another day... this is the center piece on my table...


I love the tray but still haven't gotten around to painting that handle... sigh...someday... the birds are left over from Easter... I removed the colored eggs, found these guys a nest and added that cute little chick that is hatching...a 99 cent salt shaker from the gift shop at Cracker Barrel...I've found some really cute decorating pieces there...check it out when you are eating there. That leafy base came from IKEA...it is a square with different leaves attached to it...makes a nice base for a display. IKEA is another place with interesting decorating ideas. I'm lucky to have one close to my house...about a 15 minute drive. I walk around there about twice a month...you get lots of exercise walking the two levels and I swear I see new stuff every time I go. They change room displays quite often so I'm always finding new things I can't live without...they know me well...LOL

Well the weather today here is dreary, gray and wet... I suppose that is better than snowy and cold which others are dealing with. We had a couple of nice days last week... 80 one afternoon...I've been able to sit out on my new sunroom porch and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! 


Here we are together stitching and chilling...


And here's the Dude chilling solo... I've found him in this spot several times this week... I think he likes the new space as much as I do.

Well I need to wrap up this photo extravaganza... we are doing a belated Easter celebration tonight...prime rib...and the meat thermometer/timer just dinged... dinner will be served at 6pm.

Hope next week brings nicer weather to all of us and lots of time to stitch and knit and quilt...

I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts ...

happy stitching-
carol fun 




10 comments:

  1. Looks like you are enjoying the remodeled patio perfectly!!! Loved seeing all your stitching...you do a very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute and delightful finishes and the way you displayed them--and some neat projects yet to be finished and a beautiful sun room to work on them in--even kitty likes the new sun room!!!
    I just finished the second ABC sampler --one called Stitchers and just got everything ready for the new Spring one to start it sometime this week--!!!
    Happy stitching, enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been a very busy lady. I love all the finishes. I so know what you mean about the large blocks of a color. I thought I would never get the house done on that PPS Ghoultide design. That's why I never did another one even though both the Christmas and the Liberty ones are beautiful. Your sun porch looks so welcoming! the big Dude obviously thinks so. I have been a very bad blogger. We have been in Alabama visiting the grand children. I hope Spring finds us all soon. We have been cold and rainy. At least not snowy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post to read with my coffee this AM! Your finishes look great. I really like how you decorated your 3-tier tray and the solo 'basket'. Glad you are enjoying your enclosed porch. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your stitching and displays are very cute and your sunporch looks very cozey. Love the socks too! Did you stencil the floor pattern or are those tiles, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't even hit 70f yet and I think that all of April will go by before we do. You are getting quite the collection of Prim Ladies. And your tulip quilt - how the bright colors are stunning. I also like your yellow decorative birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought that same tray at Hobby Lobby and I love it. It looked great with all the Easter stuff in it. I've been floundering since the Easter decorations were put away. I'm not sure what to fill it with. Thanks for the pictures. It gives me some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol! Guess I’m just as crazy as you are, because we share all the same addictions- I mean hobbies! I was a regular reader for a long time, but lost track of your blog when Judy stopped hosting Design Wall Mondays. (I’m the Sandie that found your stacked metal chicken sculpture on Amazon for you way back when). So anyway- when I found you again I had to go back and reread the blog to get caught up with all you’ve been doing. (Yes, I went back to your first post and read them all over the last few weeks!) Youve accomplished so much and turned your yellow house into a beautiful home that reflects “you”. And one of your favorite Quilt shops is one of mine too- the fabric shack - I only get there once a year but plan for that trip in advance! Hope you’re having a great day, and thanks for sharing all of your inspirational work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com