Sunday, September 16, 2018

Trying to pay closer attention on Slow Sunday Stitching....

Well, where was I last Sunday... I was napping in my chair feeling sorry for myself with a nasty cold... I had mentioned the week before to my family how I hadn't had a cold in ages... I was so proud of myself... pride goeth before a fall...and a stuffed up nose, and a cough, and a scratchy throat.... but I am feeling better today...not fully recovered but much much better...and I have  lots of stuff to show you...

Let's start with the stitchy stuff and explain the title of this post... I finished up my Lizzie Kate Halloween ABC's...it is off to the framer and I was itching to start something new (aren't I always???)... well I had seen a "new" to me chart on IG and I loved it... a Barbara Ana Design ...


I like the whimsical quirky nature of this one and I really liked the pairs of scissors hanging from the branches. I knew that I could purchase this chart as a pdf from The Creative Poppy website which you can find here. So off I went to buy this chart... she has lots of cute charts on the website and I found the one called Autumn Tree and I bought it...and printed it out...and taped the 4 pages of charts together...and dyed some fabric...and pulled the threads ... and jumped right in and started stitching....



Notice anything???  Yeah...this isn't the same chart....this one is called Autumn Tree...the one I saw is called Autumn Sampler ...and while they do have some similar  aspects they aren't the same ....sheesh... now  I had the top 5 branches of the tree completed but hadn't started the motifs...that was my first clue... when I looked the  chart for Autumn Tree there are no scissors hanging from the branches...but I do like the house and the mushroom and that cute little squirrel...he was charted in black but some of you may remember the Moby Dick white squirrel in my neighborhood from several years back... well... what to do... rip out what I had stitched and start over???? Or just go with it??? Well I obviously just went with it. I actually like this one a lot too... here a pic of the whole chart...



The gal in the polka dot dress is cute and so is the little fox...here's my fox...


and here's what I've completed so far...



The linen is 32 ct and I used the Rit Apple Green dye which comes out olive...and I love olive green... I was traumatized by the 70's... avocado green, harvest gold, coppertone...love them all!!!

So I've got a great start on this piece which was no where on my stitching radar, but that's okay...shiny things catch my eye all the time... and I did go and purchase the Autumn Sampler chart and I plan to stitch it too... and I should have paid closer attention to the details on that chart as well,  as there is a little witch and some black cats at the bottom... not liking that detail as I want this to be a more Fall piece... so I'll replace her with a giant acorn from the Autumn Tree chart and I'll add a scissors from the Autumn Sampler chart to the Autumn Tree piece.... details details... it's all in the details, isn't it???

I did get some other tasks completed last week... I hauled out all my Fall stuff and decorated my house... it may still be 85 degrees outside but it is Fall inside... here's my shelf display... those new wider shelves let me put more stuff out...


Starting at the top we have my latest Drawn Thread Welcome along with older Blackbird Designs and Lizzie Kate and lots and lots and lots of pumpkins...


new additions include candy corn striped trees (Joanns) and a candy corn filled hurricane glass...


more Blackbird...more pumpkins and several Debbie Mumm Fall quilts...

Here's the little display cabinet...

That little wagon came from Michaels years ago and I put my Barbara Ana Autumn Keeper over here.

And now to the porch/sunroom re-do reveal... this isn't a big space...about 75 square feet... but right now is it mine...and the Dude's...favorite spot...


the couch is Klippan from Ikea...got the slipcover on Amazon (should have smoothed out the wrinkles but I had just hauled my butt off of it before I took these pictures)...this couch is sooooo comfortable...and since it is flush with the newly painted window sills it is a great spot for the Dude to perch and "chat" with the birds at the feeders...


the Dude on another perch... the recliner that was my son's (he got a newer  bigger  one) and yes that is a chicken underneath... a recent birthday present from a friend... she's is quite large and very pretty...and I don't have to feed her anything because I wouldn't want to  mess up the new carpet... I really love the color of this plaid...got it from Flor which you can see here.



And this is a view from the recliner....it is comfy too... I like having that little shelf to decorate and along with  the corn husk garland is camouflages the electrical stuff... I love having more places to decorate!!! Those turquoise blue pumpkins are a new addition... the result of watching a ton of youtube videos when I was feeling poorly...

So I have to tell you about these videos... I was watching Flosstube videos and somehow there was a list of  other videos that people recommended ...and one thing led to another and I found these videos from a gal who calls herself Auntie Coo Coo...check it out here... this gal shops... A LOT...now she doesn't buy a lot but she goes and scopes out all the places I love to shop for seasonal decorations...Target, Hobby Lobby, Joanns, Michaels, Homegoods,  Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Tuesday Morning, Ikea, etc etc etc... she makes great videos showing all she finds and the prices ...and she has the most calming, soothing voice I have ever heard...if she did relaxation videos I'd be asleep in 60 seconds...LOL 

Anyway she showed some great stuff that I had to track down...and I just saw that she posted a new video about the latest Halloween stuff at Target. She has several videos on the Target Dollar Spot...its called Bullseye's Playground and she shows the tag/price sticker on the items...there is an inventory code (not the UPC thingy) called the DPCI code  that Target and other stores are using and with this code you can go to a website called BrickSeek.com and you can put in that code along with your zipcode and find out if the item is available at your local store.  You can watch the video here... it is only about 7 minutes long...so I learned something new... which will probably get me into trouble... details details...LOL

And to close out this magnum opus I have a couple of pics of my house and yard... as you saw in the porch/sunroom pics I put mums in some of my window boxes but they finally  got pumpkins in at my  local "cheap" garden spot and I got pumpkins...


I love having those pie pumpkins in the window boxes...they require no watering.... and I got my son to haul this one into my rose bed...



Forty pounds of pumpkin-y goodness!!!

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today and I know I've said this numerous times before but  I plan to do a post tomorrow on what I played with yesterday for National Jelly Roll Day. I broke out a vintage Jelly Roll and sewed for the first time in a while...

Hope you have a good week ahead... my prayers go out to all those affected by Florence ... I complain about my weather but I really shouldn't ... that is real weather and real problems... take care and happy stitching-

carol fun 

8 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful--you do such a great job decorating...I love the quilt on your sofa--perfect for the Autumn Season...
    I love your cross sticheries--I am diamond painting as I cannot see well enough to do x-stitch...so this is my next best thing...
    Lovely posting hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it certainly is Fall inside your beautiful home. Your home is burgeoning with lovely Fall pretties. Both your stitcheries are fabulous. So much time, effort and love has gone into the stitching of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little fox is so cute! You need two new fall samplers obviously! Your decorations are very tallish even if the temps outside are not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my favorite time of year but it seems like it will NEVER get here!!! Your decorations are helping to get me in the mood!! You have a gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fall décor! I like your fall stitch and look forward to seeing the Autumn Sampler stitched up as well. I love the look of your sunroom. Happy to hear the furniture is comfortable. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know where to start. I love all the wonderful Fall decorating. I'm getting there slowly but surely too. I do just a bit of Fall because I start Halloween in late Sept. I bring Fall back out in Nov. as I do not do Christmas before Thanksgiving. Your looks like a wonderful place to sit and stitch for an afternoon. The dude seems to agree! I have felt a bit guilty about all my weather complaining too. Those poor folks in the East! I hope some of our nice cool weather works its way to Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am glad you continued stitching - I do like Barbara Ana designs. Your autumn decorating is wonderful - all the pumpkins and the front porch area looks so comfy - I'm very taken with the multi colored birds on the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m loving your posts and blogs. Some really helpful tips hints and information. Your posts are fun and informative, keep it up.
    Lemon Pickle
    Pure Honey
    Almond Oil
    Coconut Oil
    Kudratkart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com