Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy Independence Day!!

 Happy Independence Day!!!  

God Bless America, Land That I Love...

 Stand Beside Her and Guide Her 

Through the Night  

With the Light from Above!


Hope that you are having a great day...  I'm going to keep it short and sweet ... the weather is gorgeous and I want to sit on the porch and enjoy it... I always love this quilt...  all Debbie Mumm fabrics... even the back is yardage of a panel print... I did some surgery on it a couple of years ago so it would fit on this wall ... Debbie did great patriotic stuff... 


The tier tray is simple... I love that Drawn Thread piece on top ... and the eagle on the bottom is a snippet from a With Thy Needle & Thread chart.... Summer in Baltimore... Brenda does some great patriotic stuff. too...

I like how my Summer sampler from Little House Needleworks looks a bit like a firecracker... 

I made some changes to this piece ... turned apples into America and put a bunting next to the B... 


I have more patriotic stuff to show you but it will have to wait till next week...my computer isn't cooperating  where pictures are concerned... grrrr... 

I'll be stitching out on the sunroom porch today... may have to close the windows and turn on the AC... Friday and Saturday were PERFECT... 70's and low humidity and a breeze... I'm sure tonight will be filled with fireworks...even though it is illegal to set them off in Ohio... that doesn't stop any of my neighbors... and I doubt anything will be said as the governor has signed the bill that will make them legal next year... oh well...

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts ... always good reading material there for a Slow Sunday...

happy stitching-

carol fun 

6 comments:

  1. Love it all, Carol. Debbie Mumm did do the best patriotic fabric(s) - timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July , Carol. I just love everything!!!! You are always inspiring me with your cheerful stitching , quilting and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July! Your decorations are always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful displays, enjoy your stitching time out on the porch. It's too chilly for me to sit outside here but we get lovely winter sun in our sitting room, which makes it very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Fourth of July! What a beautiful quilt! Absolutely a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th Carol! Everything looks wonderful. I love the way you finished that piece to look like a fire cracker! It is really noisy here too. Even though it is not legal and we are under a real threat of wild fires!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com