Sunday, August 29, 2021

Bad blogger rambles on a Slow Sunday...

 Hello - yes I have been a bad blogger... no real excuse, just unmotivated... lots of little things getting me down... aches and pains (it sucks to get old) ... the world in general (and isn't there a lot to be annoyed with there?)... but today I shall try to remedy the lack of posting with a little bit of this and that... and I will ramble a bit too...  oh if you do wonder where I am some days you can always check out my IG... carolfun53... I have put some stuff up there in the last couple of weeks... it is easy since I can do it all from my phone... the blog requires uploading and downloading and it doesn't happen as quickly as on my phone and the older I get the shorter my attention span... and it wasn't that long to begin with...

So it is August... too late for patriotic, too early for Fall... but I am longing for Fall... we've had over a week of 90 degree plus temperatures...ugh...  so many flowers to keep from dying...my water bill will be ENORMOUS!!!   But I put my red white and blue back in their plastic bins and got out some chicken stuff..  Here is the big shelfie...




lots of Pineberry Lane stuff... and until I started putting this together I hadn't noticed how much of it is stitched on very similar linen... 32 ct painted with Lemon Yellow and Apple Green Rit dye... at the top is my Prairie Schooler Garden ABC... I'm going to find a permanent location for it eventually... but right now I like it as part of a seasonal display.

And here is the other shelf unit...




Now that chicken block (from one of Lori Holt's books... as I remember Farm Girl Vintage... is new ... it makes use of the stand I re-discovered when I did the patriotic display... I want to use this more... it is nice to tuck some quilting in with the cross stitch and the knickknacks...  And the Welcome Summer piece from The Drawn Thread fits nicely at the bottom... I LOVE long narrow pieces so this gives me an idea for more display arrangement...  and on the bottom shelves at bit of Stitchin' with the Housewives... and  freebie from Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching... and more Pineberry Lane... can you tell I like that primitive style... but done up in lighter colors... hey, you can not go wrong with yellow... don't let anyone tell you it is a difficult color... it isn't ... it is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!   And the good Lord knows we need more HAPPY in life...

On the quilting front I got the baby quilt back from the long armer... Delinda at  TheTShirtQuiltCompany did this one ... love the panto with the hearts and it shows up so nice on the minky back... it has been gifted and now my deadline projects are down to 1 item... the Christmas stocking which I will finish ASAP... I stating this publicly to remind myself that the deadline to get this finished for Christmas is Oct 1... 


And I got borders on the Acorn Quilt I started last year... it is at Delinda's waiting to be quilted...

And I put together this quick top... 

the panel from Kitty Corn... a charm pack of 5" squares and a bit of yardage... this is a small quilt and it can't be any bigger than this to fit where I want to hang it... I had to cut the panel down quite a bit... otherwise half of the cute Kitty would be hidden behind the yellow chest where I want to hang it... I'm thinking a spider web panto in beige... need to get it off to be quilted. 

As for crossstitch... I picked up A Needleworker's Sampler from the framer and I'm very happy with this one...

And I got the urge to do some Fall/Thanksgiving stitching and found this piece, Give Thanks from Threadworks Primitives... 

I dyed this piece a while ago... love the gold color... if you want a color that isn't straight out of the bottle go to the Rit Dye website... here... they have color formulas that you can use to make just about any color you want... look at the drop down menu... it give you an idea of how much you will need...now I never use as much water as they recommend but it does give me an idea of the proportions I need and I wing it from there. I have another Threadwork Primitives piece I want to do that also has a Thanksgiving vibe... you can see it here... and I think I have enough of that gold fabric left to stitch this one too... fingers crossed.

As for stuff around the house I've been watering like crazy and I'm so ready for Fall... my window boxes are quite pathetic looking... I want to rip out the fading vinca and petunias and geraniums and put in some pumpkins... maybe another week or so... thinking about fake pumpkins... think if I put some sort of stake in the bottom I could secure them so they wouldn't blow away... a bigger $ outlay right now but I could use them for years to come... and hopefully I could pick up a bargain at Hobby Lobby or Micheals... ideas ideas... 

So I think the hot weather is breaking... should get some rain today...yeah... I'm mulling over what things I want to get to once I have the stocking finished... several projects that are already started, both stitching and quilting , are interesting and of course several new projects....I can't wait for Fall weather... and Fall decorating... it is my favorite time of year... I always think things will be cooler by the first of September, but  the reality is it won't get Fall- ish till probably the end of September, but I know I won't be able to wait that long to pull out my pumpkins...

Hope things are well with you... I have my up days and my down days... been praying a lot for our country and the world... glad I have my hobbies to distract me for  a while... I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts ... I think I might have some time today, to spend on the sunroom porch watching the birds and the squirrels and reading some blogs... that would be a nice  way to spend a Sunday afternoon...

happy stitching -

carol fun 

11 comments:

  1. So nice to "see" you on this Sunday morning! Everything looks lovely, as usual. I believe we are all having up and down days. We're living in a crazy time and while we want to be aware we also want to be busy and distracted. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see you on this last Sunday in August, I just love all those chickens. The Acorn quilt is lovely as are your other needlework projects. I have been sporadic in posting myself this summer and long for autumn to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects! Love the acorn quilt! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty displays as always. Love the yellow for cheer and light in difficult days. Glad you're getting close on the stocking finish. Watering is not happening much around here since were are in exceptional drought and depend on groundwater. Our summer has been very tolerable--the hot weather usually hits in September. Hope more up days are in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your displays are always so fun, Carol! I too am sooooooo ready for fall and cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hobbies are sometimes all that keep me happy and sane. I love "Give Thanks". I like the color that you dyed the fabric. Your acorn quilt is great. I can tell that you are longing for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather has been humid and hot. The chickens can come out and play any day. Fall is around the corner and we will be rewarded with cooler weather. Have a wonderful week and smile, life is an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may have been bad about blogging but I have been bad about commenting... I think it is an indicator for coming out of a slump when you bring out your collections, rearrange and play with them for the seasonal display or just to suit your mood. Your chickens really make me smile. One reason (not the only one, of course) I follow your blog is because of its adorable name! I especially like that yellow hen sitting on top of the white cabinet and I also envy your acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your displays, lots of lively chickens this time. And I love the new little quilt you are working on kitty and the pumpkin, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your displays - especially that chicken block! So darn cute. That acorn quilt is gorgeous... now is only the temps would start to feel like fall....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun items on your shelves!! And the acorn quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com