Sunday, October 8, 2023

Turning over a new leaf on a Slow Sunday...

 Hello ... and to all of you who read my tale of woe I appreciate your concern... I am feeling better... taking a lot of probiotics and my gut seems to be responding... a reminder to all ... if you have to take antibiotics makes sure to add probiotics to your diet... I've been cautioned about this before but it slipped my mind during the September I don't want to remember until after that 1st hospital stay... and the advice didn't come from a doctor but from my dear friend who is a nurse. 


Anyway I'm working on turning over a new leaf this month...  I did stitch some cute smalls for Halloween... these are from the Teresa Kogut book Hello Halloween...


three cute little witches...



and a happy pumpkin...


I'm going to finish these as small pillows.. I'm think a dough bowl of cute little pillows would be fun. However I'm not sure I'm going to put out Halloween this year. I thought I'd be feeling up to it by now, but I'm not... so I might just move onto Thanksgiving... I'm really enjoying all my Fall decor... it is THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!   I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors of Fall... avocado green, harvest gold, coppertone brown, mustard yellow... I'm a child of the 70's and my Mom LOVED these colors too. She repainted a good portion of our home with these colors which went well with the enormous brown couch we had... that was only sat upon during holiday celebrations... remember?  sure you do!

I love these colors so much that I have a bunch of Fall quilts and a bunch of Fall socks...

this is the same two skeins of Opal yarn knitted alternating every round...and I just remembered there is a 4th pair but it has grey contrasting heels... never can have too many hand knit socks in Fall colors!!

I'm happy that the weather took a turn for the Fall yesterday and I'm cozy out on the sunroom porch...


I've had enough of the 80's and 90's for this year.  Now to tackle cleaning out the flower beds... sigh... 

As for stitching, well, I decided I needed a new start to improve my mental outlook... something in Fall colors naturally and something that is comfort stitching... and that leads me to Prairie Schooler. 

I started this October 1 and it has given me so much peace and enjoyment... this is one of the Autumn Samplers in Book No. 66, copyright 1997. Here's the chart...

  Here's how it started...

when I got to this point I thought just this section would make a lovely little pillow...(ignore the linen color in this pic, the one below is a truer color)  but I want to do the whole thing and here's where I am now...

the linen in 32 ct and I'm not sure what I dyed this for but it was in my stash. I think it was some mixture of Rit Golden Yellow and  Marigold ... but I could be wrong... anyway it is a lovely warm gold and I think it shows off these flosses quite well.  Now this is a paper reprint and I wish I could have seen an original cardstock chart.  


I changed the DMC 3011 to 3012 in several places as the current floss has minimal contrast to DMC 936... I wonder if the 3011 color family has changed a bit since 1997. I know I have some old skeins of floss in my stash and there is a noticeable difference in some from the current merchandise. Oh well, I'm happy with this and I'd love to finish it and get it framed and displayed by Thanksgiving... I think it is doable.

I have 2 Fall quilts cut out and waiting for me but I just don't have any sewing mojo at the moment... and there are 2 Halloween quilts that just need binding... we'll see, we'll see... LOL ... I remember telling my boys many times "we'll see, we'll see" when they asked for something in a store... my oldest was about 5 when he told me he knew that meant "no"... smart kid. 

I hope that things are going well in your little corner of the world... I pray for all those in turmoil ... and there is certainly plenty of turmoil, isn't there?

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts... just going to continue to take things easy... getting old and getting sick isn't for sissies...


happy stitching,

carol fun 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely projects you are working on. I love the colors of fall too. I remember we had an avocado green frig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you are finally on the mend. Your Halloween smalls are great! I really like that Praire Schooler chart. I too grew up in the avocado green era. My mother loved green. Those socks look nice and warm and cozy. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized early this morning that I didn't check on you all week. Some friend, huh? There's something about stitching a Prairie Schooler chart seems to soothe. the soul. Continue to take care - happy to chat anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com