Monday, December 11, 2023

A rare occurrence.... a Design Wall Monday post!

 Hello...well this hasn't happened for a very long time ... I have a post for Design Wall Monday....  I want to remember what I did ... and what I plan on doing... as what I have is all Christmas-y... and by the middle of January this will have completely disappeared from my radar...LOL


One quilt top finished and another started.... let's do one at a time....



The pattern for this throw is Piece of Cake 2 from Thimble Blossoms... here's a link ... in the past I've done Piece of Cake 1 and Piece of Cake 3... love those patterns for showing off a layer cake... the fabric is Christmas Faire by Cathe Holden... I LOVE this collection... vintage images  and soft muted  tones... the sashing is Grunge and as I remember the colorway is Ale... a muted gold with touches of green.

I believe these fabrics are digitally printed as the designs are quite sharp and crisp... a couple of close up of my favorite blocks...




I love how the jingle bells look 3 dimensional and the sheet music piece is Jingle Bells!!   Also note that there were a lot of directional prints in this collection... and my OCD did NOT want them to be on their sides... so before I cut any blocks I took my time and determined what direction I should cut the fabrics so that everything would be right side up... 

Now I have no illusions that I will be able to get this back from the longarmer before Christmas but that's okay... I'll be ahead for next year... I even got the binding made... but I probably won't get it on until November 2024...LOL

As for the other blocks on my design wall...


well... I just had to make a couple to see how I like them... and I like them A LOT!!!   The fabrics are Jolly Good from Basic Grey ... and the "white" isn't totally white, it has soft green and turquoise splotches... it s a Grunge but I don't remember the name. 

The pattern is a freebie from Fat Quarter Shop  called Fat Quarter 4-Patch...you can find it here...  it makes BIG blocks... they finish 15"... but very easy to put together... this will be going into a plastic bin by the end of December... but I'm going to set a reminder on my phone to get it back out in July and then it will be totally done by Christmas of next year... at least that's the plan...we'll see if it is executed as well  as I hope... 

I'll be linking up with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.... already looked and there are several design walls I need to check out...

Hope your week is off to a good start!

happy stitching-

carol fun 

4 comments:

  1. Neat quilts in progress...love those Cathe Holden fabrics...nicely showcased in your quilt, too. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas quilt, the bell fabric and Jingle Bell music are great. It will be nice to enjoy it again next Christmas. And good that you thought about directional prints before you cut. Smart!
    Thanks for joining the Design Wall Monday Linky Party. Hgs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always need a plan, so setting a reminder on my phone would be a great idea! Good suggestion! Both projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully Christmas top! Your gold around the blocks ties it together well with the antiquey fabrics. It is nice not to be pressured to get it done. You always have such great projects and stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com