Sunday, March 17, 2024

Trying to keep on the sunnyside on a Slow Sunday...

 Well last week was a hot mess... I was looking forward to a week with no appointments or obligations other than watching Elliott... I had big big BIG plans to get lots of stitching and sewing done and pfffft... there very little to show ...had a plumbing issue over the weekend and Dan the Handyman came to fix it... and part of it is fixed but a new problem cropped up... and then another house issue which had me thinking I need a new roof, but actually I think I need a better dehumidifier... had an HVAC tech here and that's the conclusion I came to... oh ... and I'm there is a very high probability that I will need to replace the AC this year... I was anticipating that, as it is as old as the furnace I replaced 2 years ago....now do I go ahead and get it down before it gets hot? or wait till it dies?  It think I'll bite the bullet and go ahead and get it done in a month or so.  I did get a wild hair and  took 2 loads of stuff to Goodwill out of the basement... there is plenty more that could go but I lost my enthusiasm for the project as my knee, which I just remarked to a friend last week that it was feeling great after the gel shot, hurt like crazy that day before I had even done on flight of stairs. Knock on wood it has settled down since then. And I'm going to blame it on the time change but I haven't slept well and have just felt off all week. Haven't been able to get in a schedule as a couple of mornings I had to get up extra early to deal with stuff... end up dragging all day and then get a burst of energy when I should be getting ready for bed... like I said, a hot mess.

Okay let's drop that and move onto to happier stuff and try to get to the sunnyside of life...

Here's what I can show for the week... I finished Hoppy Easter by WTN&T...


now I thought I was finished with this several times this week and then I would look at it and realized I'd forgotten this or that detail... lots of details at the end.  I did change some of the colors... made the carrots more orange-y and the chicks more yellow and ditched the peach for the inside of the ears and the cheeks... made it rosier and made the ribbon turquoise instead of pink...I want to make this into a little pillow with some white chenille trim... fur... like a bunny!

I stitched a tiny bit more on  Summer Schoolhouse ... filled in the flowers on the border... sorry the color is so washed out here... 

I'm proud of myself for figuring out how to do the house with the flag,  in mirror image from the chart... took me a while to get the angle of the roof correct... 

I added a couple more blocks to the yellow flower quilt... I'm seeing daffodils  with these blocks... 

I got all the blocks cut out... still need to check the count for the sashing strips and then do the setting triangles.

And I finally got around to getting the Sunnyside Sampler from The Drawn Thread framed...just picked it up yesterday... I did this all in DMC on 32 ct I painted with Rit dyes, Lemon Yellow and Tangerine... 







 I'm quite happy with this one... the frame is a spot on match to the DMC dark green I used... (pay closer attention to the  color at the bottom of the pics than the top ... somehow the top of the frame looks more turquoise... I think it is from the sun coming in the window behind it )  ...  the framer said this line of frames was developed to match DMCs  ...what a great idea! I think I'll use it as part of a seasonal display this summer and  there is a spot high up on the sampler wall in the green room with I think it would fit to display it all year.  And I definitely need to take some advice from this sampler and keep on the sunnyside!  Less grumpy, more sunny!  

Still debating what to work on next... I'm leaning toward picking back up a sampler that I started last year that doesn't have a lot more to do ... maybe Red Bird Sampler by WTN&T...


 it's the closest to being finished... and I'd forgotten how pretty this linen is. 

And I'm still loving Fragments in Time 2022 from Summer House Stitche Works...this is 8 little cards and then you can download that border for free on her website which you can find here. 

I'm further along than I remembered... and oh I still LOVE this one... 

Revisiting these is a good idea... but there is always the siren call of a brand new piece, but I'm trying to turn a deaf ear to that right now... I keep telling myself I need to sit down and seriously think about what I want to stitch the rest of the year... but lately I haven't been wanting to do much thinking... part of me wants to start some BIG new piece... but then I remember that Summer Schoolhouse is  BIG piece and I just started it 2 weeks ago... sheesh... how quickly I can forget...LOL


Next week is busy... lunch today with friends, Elliott on Tuesday, lunch with more friends on Wednesday, a haircut and color for me on Thursday and my son wants to hang out with a friend on Friday that will require a small road trip... I really really want a week with no appointments and I want to couple it with the mojo to get crafty stuff done... I hope the stars align soon for that occurrence but it seems as rare as a total solar eclipse, which is actually going to happen around here on April 8. Already got the glasses that let you look at the sun... if we drive about an hour from here we can see it in totality... in my yard I can probably see about an 80% eclipse... have to see if what I want to do... also have to hope it isn't a cloudy day and there have been lots and lots and lots of cloudy days here in the past couple of months.   Need to keep reminding myself about keeping on the sunnyside...LOL

Sorry for the grumpyness... I'm blaming it on the damn time change... I need at least one more week to adjust... maybe 2... at least yesterday was sunny and I took some pictures of the daffodils in my yard... this is the side yard that I see when I go into my garage...

and this is the front  of the house... it doesn't get the sun until the afternoon so the daffodils aren't all bloomed yet... but I was looking and  I think I have at least 5 different varieties... each year I've been adding more  and I like the mix ...


and here's my garden guy... he seems happy surrounded by the flowers... I need to take some tips from him...LOL!


I hope your upcoming week is a great one... I'm going to link up with Kathy's Quilts and check back to see what going on over there when I get back from lunch with friends... that should put me in a sunny mood!


happy stitching-

carol fun 

5 comments:

  1. Your yellow flower quilt is so bright and cheerful--nice work on these blocks...They remind me of daffodils!!
    Ours are just beginning to peek through now--no flowers as yet...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are bringing so much beauty and sunshine to the world with your stitching! The daffodil blocks are so pretty and your cross stitches are amazing! I love that perfect frame you found for the Sunnyside Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the first paragraph, you sure had a lot on your plate last week. I didn't expect the rest of the post to contain so much progress, but I was happily surprised. I love your Sunnyside Sampler finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about all the problems last week, hope this one is better for you. Your projects are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stitchings and wish I still had the eyesight I had 30 years ago to do more of it. Could you tell me what size your daffodil blocks are?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com