Hello - well as you would surmise my week was filled with activities related to recovering from my total knee replacement... and a couple of other things popped up too... as far as the knee goes I've been doing my exercises and went to re-hab twice... I have no problem getting the knee flat, still need to work on the bending part but I was at about 100 degrees, which ain't bad... I took no opioids... drove on day 4 ... pain level has never gone above 5-6... only taking ibuprofen before going to physical therapy. PT is impressed with my progress... they told me on Thursday that my recovery speed is not the norm... and they chalk it up to my pre-hab exercise routine and a really good surgeon... I concur... if you are thinking about knee, hip or shoulder replacement look into the Jiffy Knee method... I am very very happy with my outcome.
What really bothered me this week was the other ailments I dealt with... first I have this recurring issue with the salivary gland on the right side of my head... right behind my ear... out of nowhere it will get blocked and then swell up... which makes it painful to chew... treatment is to swallow swallow swallow... and warm compresses... I keep a stash of sugar free lemon drops in the house for when this happens... and as usual, it takes about 48 hours to rectify itself... and after that passed I caught a cold... now everyone in family has caught this and I had hoped that I would avoid it... but that was not to be... stuffy head, coughing, feeling lethargic and yucky... I'm attributing my catching it to the fact that I had to forgo my vitamins for 2 weeks prior to the surgery... I'm pretty diligent taking my vitamins and probiotics so I think my immune system just got weakened... I'm back on my regular routine and things should improve...
However feeling yucky and tired did not motivate me to do much crafty stuff... I spent waaaaay too much time just mindlessly scrolling the internet... sigh... here's what I did do...
Need'l Love - Holiday Friends... the guy I'm calling Miles Standish...
now Miles gave me a bit of a struggle... first I assumed the collar was symmetrical... it is not... so I had one too many stitches on the left... I thought I could rectify the situation by adding a stitch to the right... annnnnd... that didn't work... so I had to frog a lot of his upper body to get him back on track...
I started Priscilla... and she has a way to go...
Didn't touch my sewing machine... but did piddle with this sock...
a lackluster week craft wise...
As for decor ...I have more chickens!!
On the right a chicken mini quilt... Welcome Summer by The Drawn Thread and a new ceramic chicken from Hobby Lobby... it has that Portuguese pottery look but without the price...
Moving down ... Tansy, Yarrow, Rue by Pineberry Lane... I brightened this one up... I like a lot of the primitive designs but not fond of too much muddy brown...
And over on the right... Good Deeds by With Thy Needle & Thread...
and on the bottom shelf... a snippet from Hands on Designs Fresh Egg Farms...
There was some retail therapy in my week... bought this bundle of fat quarters on Etsy ... Cosmo Cotton Japanese fabrics... I love the tulip print ones!
And a FQ bundle of Christmas fabrics that should arrive on Tuesday... and I preordered an Opal Sock Yarn Advent Calendar... while my fingers couldn't seem to stitch or knit they were quite capable of pushing "Buy Now" buttons... LOL
It did rain decently this week... which helped my garden... however I have a water leak in my drip irrigation and I'm pretty sure that's the reason why my water bill was sky high... I'm going to call the irrigation company and see if they can come out and find the leak and fix it... now if I wasn't just 11 days post op I would tromp through my beds and find the leak and fix it myself... but I don't think that is the prudent way of dealing with this at the moment... forecast for the week has one 90 degree day and several chances for rain... that is good... right now I've hit that place where I love the flowers and the yard is wild and crazy ... but I'm kinda over it... if things die, they die... sigh... I did have a delivery driver tell me that they loved the yard ... they thought it was whimsical... oooohhh... I love that description... whimsical ... not "a crazy lady lives here"...LOL...
As for the roof... I've gotten 2 estimates and right now I'm leaning on going with the company that gives me a longer warranty ... and the fact that he took drone shots of my roof and pointed out that my chimney cap is damaged... one of the flue pipe is broken off and the cement holding the other one is cracked... this company can do the entire job... roof, gutters, gutter cover and masonry... different crews but the same company... and the price was in the same ballpark as the first estimate which didn't address the masonry issue... I called to schedule a 3rd estimate but they can't come for another week, so I need to find one more company just to have a comparison... I really do want to get this show on the road.
Next week - rehab Tues/Thurs... and after that probably only once a week for another week or so... also have hair appointment on Thursday... get my hair cut and my roots touched up... not watching Elliott this week but should be able to swing it next week... and the week after that he's back to school... August 19... where did the Summer go???
As I type this on Saturday afternoon Nick and I have invitations for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow... this evening my sisters-in-law are visiting from California... dinner is at a Chinese restaurant... tomorrow we are meeting our dear friends Kim and Kyle for Mexican... life is good...
I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts ... plans for after lunch are sitting in my stitching chair... hopefully putting in some stitches and most definitely napping... I will say this surgery hasn't been painful but it has made me tired... I was told that sleeping is good for you after surgery and this is a directive I can follow!
Hope your week ahead is a good one...
happy stitching-
carol fun






.jpeg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com