Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Freshening up the house

Well we've gone from cold,  endless Winter, blown through Spring at warp speed and landed smack dab into humid Summer - oh the wonderful faces of weather in the Midwest. I shouldn't complain - but what the heck it gives me something to talk about - and I  do like it better than when I lived in the Central Vally of California where the only two seasons I experienced were hot and hotter than Hades.

So the change in weather spurred me into changing up the decor in the house. I freshened up my bedroom with a new quilt. Now it isn't new in the way of just being finished, it is new in the way of I just rediscovered it, and got around to washing it and putting it on the bed. I went back through my blog to figure out when I actually made this quilt and was shocked to find out that the first time this quilt appeared on my blog was July 2011 - oh my goodness - I could have sworn I just made it last summer. And then I found out that I took if off the design wall in July of 2011 and didn't get back to it till August of 2012 and now it is June of 2014 and this is the first time it has ever been on a bed. The pattern is Sugar Dish from Cluck, Cluck Sew - you can see it here. And the fabrics are part of those old old collections called Swell  and Sweet by Urban Chiks. Lots of subliminal chicken references here - LOL! Pulling this quilt out is what motivated me to work on the UFO that is currently on my design wall - love these fabrics!


Hmmm... it  appears I am intruding on someone's beauty sleep. If reincarnation is true I hope to come back as this cat. Seriously, I have this nap stuff down pat, and I'd love if someone prepared my food for me each day.

Anyway I love this pattern - those sweet Dresden plates and simple rectangular blocks to show off these pretty pretty fabrics.


Love those birds! This collection reminds me of sheets from the 1970's. I remember when my mother replaced her plain white sheets with colorful patterns and prints. We were being so modern!




Oh sorry Big Dude... I'm leaving now.


Happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. Looks like Big Dude approves of your summer decorating! Such a pretty quilt Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking Great! Also, B.D. Is Living the Life. :D you chose some great Yellow shams to use with this quilt!

    I'm impatiently waiting for the machine thread I ordered to arrive so I can keep piecing the Fig Tree quilts I'm working on (sailboat kit and Farmhouse BOM). Somehow, I thought it was the worst thing in the world to have a Thread Stash. So, now I have none. (Well, one or two pre-treaded needles in a mending kit, but...)

    The tread I ordered is Aurifil. Hope I like it, b/c it is a big spool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! I'm glad you're finally using it on the bed! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt!! It's gorgeous with its Fiestaware colors. I have a couple of those fur pillows at my house too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, the perfect quilt for summer! I agree, some pets just have it made! My sister's dog is treated so much better than many children! In my next life, I want to be her dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fresh and pretty. Glad the quilt is getting its due!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cats are so spoiled as well. Love the quilt, it's so fresh and cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com